Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little bit of a reacuring topic but maybe we will start to get answers. My question is: When will we start seeing GW produced fluff on what has been going on with our Primarchs? Like for example: What was so important for Leman Russ to just up and leave for a journey in the middle of dinner leave behind Bjorn behind, tell him "I'll be back". Is he looking for the tree of life, is he in search of his friend Primarch Johnson? What has everyone been up to?

·
Registered
87 Posts
It would be tough to re-introduce them. Bringing them back fluff-wise would cause players to want them put into the game. I think being able to field a primarch would be way to much. And tough to balance.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
indeed, but the best answers to what happens to the primarchs is being covered in the Horus Heresy novels.

more or less, it gives in more detail all sorts of things that have been know.

for one, you find out what happened to Ferrus Manus...

...and i'm not telling you. :whistle: i'd be doing you a disfavor. read Fulgrim. it rocks face. :victory:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T.Y. so far for the post. Please take a second to see were i am going with this and keep giving feedback. I have the first 10 books of the Heresy novels, the ragnar books all 6, and the Blood angels books. So i have the beginings to a good library. I also like to read alot of the fluff, but yet it all points in the direction of something is coming. There is also a build up in some other the more current codex's like the Space Wolves and the Blood Angels. Things from distant past are starting to show up again, like Bjorn and Mephiston's ever waiting dark doom. In addition to that each of the Heresy books has been well written and has given awsome insight to many sujects, but each comes out with there own secrets that no one knew before. So there could be a build up just no spotted by everyone yet the GW does like to play around like LOKI.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Well GW fluff has always been building up to something, it's the '2 minutes to midnight' scenario where GW will leave the background on the cusp or ruination or triumph but not progress any further.

I doubt the HH novel series will explain what happened to the loyalist Primarchs after the Heresy, we have the info regarding what happened to the ones we know died (Guilliman and Dorn) and vague mythical tales of the others that left.

The fate of Ferrus Manus wasn't revealed in Fulgrim, it had been a part of the background for years- his tragedy is in HH: Collected Visions for example.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts