Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

This is my first post here, i got a some Chaos Space Marines from a friend as a gift, and started painting, and in no time, i started to buy miniatures, but due lack of time, i haven´t played a lot (Only Kill Teams like games with low points).

I have:

-Typhus
-Chaos terminator lord with lighting claws
-Daemon prince with wings
-2X Chaos space marines
-10 Berserkers w/champ (Power fist)
-14 Plague marines
-10 Terminators (1 Reaper, 1 Powerfist, 1 mace)
-2 Rhinos
-1 Predator W/laser turrets
-5 Raptors/Warp Talons (Not sure yet)

Reading the rules and codex, im starting to have a idea of the gameplay, but i lack real experience,and the minis are hard to get around here, so im having troubles assembling the minis (Fearing to "screw" one and waiting some time to get more)

I have all the sprues for weapons and icons, etc.

Dont know if this is the right section for this (I dont see a introduction-like post), if not, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
If you can get ahold of a Heldrake you can make some fairly competitive lists with what you have now. Are you asking for help building a list with what you have or what minis to get next or both?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im planning to get Heldrakes but it will take some time (We make a big order via the store, and takes around a month to get here). So i would like a list with what i have for now.

Thanks for the answer.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Mossy toes has a fairly solid writeup of csm in the tactics forum. Might want to read it. It will give yah idea of what flavor of csm you might prefer.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Aww shucks, thanks for the plug, scscofield.

I prefer Raptors to Warp Talons since they're so much cheaper and can bring special weapons (yay, meltas!) to the fray, while still being able to turn out quite a few attacks on the charge (Hammer of Wrath, charge bonus, the possibility of MoK, melee weapon + pistol, plus base attack).

I would use the Berzerkers as regular CSM with the Mark of Khorne, really. Cheaper and can take special weapons vs the counter-balance of Fearless and WS5--worth it, I say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading the guide about Csm, i tried a 1500 point list:

Typhus - 230

Daemon Prince - 265
-Wings
-Armor
-Black Mace
-Mark of Nurgle

Terminators (x3) - 131