Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanting to get your guys thoughts on your prefered transport for =I= Armies?

Do you open up the coffers and go for firepower over points and take a Chimera?

or

Go for a cheap transport to use for mobile cover and not give a rats tight tushi about firepower and take a Rhino?

or

do you try and kill your oppenant with shock and get as many Land Raiders as possible for Transport purposes? (I'll be very surprised if anybody does this)

As I don't game that much, my prefered is the fluffy Chimera. Plus I like the look of them better than a Rhino. However I probably will be getting 2 Rhino's for STs just because I hate being laughed at.

·
Registered
368 Posts
While it may shock you i do have a land raider transport for my inquisitor and his retinue in my SoB army. The rest are rhino's and immolators, not necessarily out of practicality i just dont like the chimera chasis much. :(

·
Registered
599 Posts
All are viable, but chimera's fluff wise are the most common chasis, mind you if i could take any vechile as an inquistor i'd be in a land raider with spinning rims.

·
Registered
995 Posts
While it may shock you i do have a land raider transport for my inquisitor and his retinue in my SoB army. The rest are rhino's and immolators, not necessarily out of practicality i just dont like the chimera chasis much. :(
My wife's Inquisitor army is like that. Can't underestimate the power of the twin-linked weapons

·
Registered
137 Posts
IMO i think rhinos are a little more stable than chimeras. more exits better side armor re mobilized rule and cheaper. ive notice that my rhinos stay alive longer than my chimeras for some reason. maybe because there not as threatening.

land raiders are always fun. something about unloading a bunch of regular type humans out of it is funny.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rhinos but I use a pretty much straight SoB army. I don't use STs but I am thinking of getting Armoured First squads for firepower reasons.

My inquisitor doesn't have a transport and never will. (Shooty retinue - no need.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts