Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It appears there is some kind of trend with the new codices in removing named characters with no models.

With armies still in need of a 7th edition update, there is a chance this will continue.

So, purely for shits 'n giggles, who do you think is getting cut?

I'm not a Blood Angels expert but I'm pretty sure all their characters have models, right? No clue with Necrons. With Daemons, I'm worried we'll lose Skarbrand. He's pretty badass, and although he isn't used as frequently as say Fateweaver, he gets some play now and then.

*edit*

Additionally, which rules/wargear/units do you think will be removed?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Have daemons not been updated?

I'm pretty sure all blood angel characters have models...
I hope some of their models change though... The fact that half of them have I6 fucking axes whoot!

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have daemons not been updated?

I'm pretty sure all blood angel characters have models...
I hope some of their models change though... The fact that half of them have I6 fucking axes whoot!
They were updated for 6th. This little game is just based on the assumption that every codex will be updated for 7th.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
With Daemons, I'm worried we'll lose Skarbrand. He's pretty badass, and although he isn't used as frequently as say Fateweaver, he gets some play now and then.
Uh... uh oh. Yup. I see him vanishing, for all that I just made a magnetized version of him a few months back. Better start running some of my Skarry lists while I still have access to him, I guess...

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'm not a Blood Angels expert but I'm pretty sure all their characters have models, right?
True, but one of them is actually dead in the fluff.

Tycho my boy, it's been a good run but I think it's time you be put into an IA book on Armageddon and taken out of the Codex.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Very. Artificier Armour (BA can't take that as an option though), combi-melta. No armour saves against his attacks in CC, basically AP1 without the AV penetrating benefits. DC Tycho is fucking nuts but he can't joint squads. ICs can join him in 7th, but still...to an IA book he goes! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Ah right, I just go by everyone with a hard back is up to date so far...
Im not sure tyco will get the axe though, all the Armageddon imperial armours have had their seconds right?
I think their characters are fine as they are though... Still wishing Gabriel Seth gets a jumppack so I don't have to change my whole list for fluff... But hey :)
Corbulo maybe? He's a fancy preist... Arjac Rockfist got rockfisted didn't he?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Oh he is? I swear someone told me he was removed...

Well replace all my comments with fart noises then... I clearly know nothing of the new codex's :cray:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
::shrugs:: Want to say they named the kit after HD when it was originally released. It just became 'official' when the codex was updated.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
::shrugs:: Want to say they named the kit after HD when it was originally released. It just became 'official' when the codex was updated.
Sounds similar to aun'shi I think it was... The tau 'melee' ethereal who is just a waste of points...

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh he is? I swear someone told me he was removed...

Well replace all my comments with fart noises then... I clearly know nothing of the new codex's :cray:
That was the rumor at first. He's in the elites section instead of HQ, and can only join a unit of Wolf Guard/Terminators.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Necrons have models for all of their characters, so it may be unlikely that any of them get axed.

I could see Flayed Ones get axed merely for poor sales (I imagine).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts