Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to round out my army at 1500 points and I find myself lacking any real Heavy Support aside from the odd melta weapon and a few Missile Launchers. I've got about... 280 pts to play around with so I'm conflicted on whether to get a Land Raider, two Predators, or two Dreadnoughts... probably one Venerable and Ironclad. So to cover roughly 280 what's the best option for the bulk of my Heavy Support options? Other suggestions are welcome as well.

PS: I know Dreads aren't HS but they're also good anti-tanks properly equipped so... yea:headbutt:

·
Registered
231 Posts
VINDICATOR!!!!! no but really for anti tank I've always gone with Dev squads, but for anti anythingmadeofmeatandsometimestanks Vindicators win the Heavy Support.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
2 autolas predators is 270pts I think? Worth it as you get 4 lascannons and 2 autocannons, plus if one goes down you still have another to rely on. Although recently My autolas preds haven't caused damage to anything.... cursed luck!

·
Registered
369 Posts
2 autolas predators is 270pts I think? Worth it as you get 4 lascannons and 2 autocannons, plus if one goes down you still have another to rely on. Although recently My autolas preds haven't caused damage to anything.... cursed luck!
240 points

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
even better then :) I'm too used to BA predators nowadays. You still have 40pts left over to give your other units some added kick then :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Five words that'll change your odds of winning.

Land Raider With Lascannons

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I would not go for the land raider. One lucky lascannon hit and all your anti-tank goes bye-bye.

I would go for dev squads with lascannons with a lascannon razorback. Or one of said dev squads with lascannons and another dev squad in razorback with assault cannons with the devs all having multi-meltas for extreme tank popping action (the assault cannons are to weaken whatever comes out of the vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts