Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help on size comparisons between the turrets of a predator and a Leman Russ. I want to convert an Exterminator for my wolves in keeping with the older codex, and I think a predator TL las cannon converted to autocannons would look better than the standard russ turret.

So, if someone could tell me if a pred turret would fit onto a russ, and maybe give me a comparison photo of the two side by side, there would be a chunk of rep in it for them. Thanks.:eek:k:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is this an actual Leman Russ used in apok with wolves, or are you using the Leman Russ hull to represent a Predator?
I want a Russ Exterminator just as the two previous codecies allowed wolves to have. For Apocalypse games mostly, but considering the guys I play with are more into the fluff than the competition, they might let me use it in a normal game.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
pretty much every vehicle has a "standard weapon mount size" so the turret should pop quite nicely on the russ.
Nope, not even remotely similar, both turrets are about the same width and with ammo bins they are about the same length and height, the predator mount and the leman russ mount are completely dfferent , if you add a pred turret to a russ you would most likely need to glue it in place as turning tabs and hole on the hull are not compatible with marine tanks or armour.
Like wise the weapons from either turret would be a very bad match if you decided to go down that route instead, the pred weapons are much wider than the leman systems.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
If you are going to do it, i'd recomend leaving the roof and mounting ring of the tank off. Use plasticard to add a cap to the bottom of the pred turret as iirc the pred turret ring is smaller then the leman russ. It'll still rattle around slightly but will be able to turn without falling off.

That said i've only ever tried this with older models. Older plastic leman russes and a metal pred turret so wether the size of the new pred has a bigger turret i'm not sure.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Use plasticard to add a cap to the bottom of the pred turret as iirc the pred turret ring is smaller then the leman russ.
That's sort of what I was thinking, and slice off the ring from the bottom of the russ turret and glue it to the plasticard. Might do the job. Thanks for the responses guys.:eek:k:

·
Registered
825 Posts
No they made the new russ kits match the old russ kits so you can swap them about which makes perfect sense, i cant see any reason to do it any other way to be honest.
I prefer universal mounts to be honest.

nothing says DAKKA quite like a thunderfire mounted on a battlewagon

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I prefer universal mounts to be honest.

nothing says DAKKA quite like a thunderfire mounted on a battlewagon
Yes i agree it would be more ideal to have universal mounts, but the russ was designed before the rhino and land raider so wasnt part of that standardisation.
Personally i would have preferred to have had the russ completely reworked so it didnt look retarded, the new turrets are an improvement but the tank is still awful.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts