Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night i was thinking about the different Space Marine Predators and a thought suddenly came to me, "how about a plasma weapon variant, as there is isn't one from what iv seen" so i set about thinking of some rules and trying to make it unique to the leman russ version and heres what i came up with

Apocalypse only
Predator Executioner 90pts
BS 4/ F 13/ S 11/ R 10/

Wargear:
Autocannon
Smoke Launchers
Search light
*Reinforced Front Armour

Can Replace Autocannon with Plasma Blastcannon: +55pts
May take side sponsons with heavy bolters for: +..pts
or take Lascannon for: +..pts
or take Plasma Cannons for: +50pts
May take one of the following
- a Storm Bolter: +..pts
- a Hunter-killer Missile: +..pts
- a Dozer Blade: +..pts
- Extra Armour: +..pts

** Plasma Blastcannon
Rapid fire 36" / Str. 7 AP2 / Heavy 4, Blast
*** Full Power 48" / Str. 8 AP2 / Heavy 1, Large Blast

* Reinforced Front Armour confers the Venerable special rule to the tank if hit, only works with hits on front armour, sides and rear dont gain this rule. This simulates the reinforced armour around the front of the turret and tank, to give extra protection from any possible plasma leaks from a damaged plasma Blastcannon.
** The Plasma Blastcannon has two fire modes, If the Tank has moved at combat speed it may only fire this weapon in rapid fire mode.
*** Can only be fired while stationary, once fired it requires one whole turn to cool down before firing again. The tank may move as normal in the next movement phase but can only fire its sponson weapons.

Ok this is what i got so far, (thought of these rules very quickly while laying bed) if theres anything that needs changing, please feel free to suggest something.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Heavy 4 blast!? I think it's a cool idea, but I think a super-plasma weapon outside of Apocalypse is too cheap, since they'll just melt Termies the moment they deep strike. I would suggest taking out the two firing mides, since one should be sufficient. Another good idea is to lower the cost and just use the plasma cannon stats. That paired up with Plasma Gun sponsons may be a fun unit to use!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yer forgot to say apoc only, should i change the point for the plasma blastcannon to say about 70pts?
perhaps normal games, it should only have rapid fire mode and increase its range from 36" to 48" and then say "if it moves at combat speed the range of rapid fire is reduced from 48" to 36" to simulate decreased accuracy while moving" or something like that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts