Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be filling up this log here and there with my Thousand Sons as I finish each squad. I just started playing at the local shop and have made it my goal to finish one squad a week. Right now I'm using them as cult Thousand Sons troops but by game three I've discovered that the Thousand Sons rules are terrible and cover completely negates my special ammo 100% of the time. Once I have enough painted I'll be switching to using the regular Chaos Marine rules for them.

When I get tired of painting blue, I'll switch to painting my BaC set as preheresy Sons, hopefully with some upgrades to make them more Thousand Sons-like instead of generic.

Nothing special with these first five, just some marines and a sorcerer.

Next is my Havoc squad

Finally I decided to cut my BaC Contemptor apart because the pose sucks, while I was at it I decided to try my hand at LED lighting. I wanted to light the eyes up and had two choices; try to drill the eyes out or make a resin copy of a helmet and paint everything but the eyes. I figured the resin copy would be easier, though until I get it painted the head will look a bit radioactive.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Looks to be a good job here. Only flaw i see is the tzeentch symbol on the shoulder. Until after the fall was ther a large outbreak of worship to the chaos gods. Apart from that some nice clean work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Little something different. I've had an idea for some terrain for a while but never carried it out. Now that I'm actually painting my Chaos forces they'll need a portal to travel through.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finished the big one

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some Daemon allies are on the way. Bought a Burning Chariot kit and was able to kitbash the Blue Scribes with all the leftover parts

Attachments

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Nice! I enjoy seeing creative Blue Scribes kitbashes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been busy with other projects but finished the Blue Scribes. Pictures are a little washed out so I might try retaking them if the sun ever comes out again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts