Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna do a pre heresy WE army I'm using the BA codex
the death company will play a big part in this army as I will use them as berserkers (I know WE didn't have berzerkers pre heresy) they're basically the same thing
how will I represent kharn as he is leading my army and I might use Angron but i'm not sure how to make him

·
Registered
592 Posts
Khârn = Seth. Most definately! :)

As for Angron.. Can it be any other than the close combat monster that is Mephiston?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Seth does a lot of things for your army, though. Such as giving a greater chance of getting Furious Charge on your guys (pretty dang awesome for World Eaters counts-as)

He does not have a power weapon, but he has S8 and rending. Also, for ever 1 that the opponent rolls to hit him, he hits him back with a S4 hit. And he can also chose to not use any of his attacks, and instead spin around - hitting all the stuff in base contact automatically.

I still say he would be the best for Kharn.

As for the Sanguinor... I wouldn't do it for Angron.

Angron is better than most Bloodthirsters in close combat, so I would assume you should go with the one with a statline close to a bloodthirster :p

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
BA would be an ok sub for world eaters but you won't find a good sub for angron.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't use mephiston cause he is a psyker and WE don't like them but the S6 T6 W5 is really tempting I'd be letting all his psychic powers go to waste and paying 250 pts for a psyker who can't use his powers is a bit ridiculous
are there any other WE characters and if yes what's their fluff

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What about dc tycho? He isn't quite as nails as mephy but the concept kinda fits, apart from the lack of cc weapons.

Otherwise I would say run with the lord of death. Remember, angron is a primarch so some of his abilities would seem close to magical. Especially seeing as mephiston gets all the combat buff powers anyway.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
A mediocre primarch would read like a daemon prince on roids. There is no sub for Angron out there.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I'd advise against Mephiston mostly 'cause the idea of using a Pysker's rules to represent Angron seems... odd. :p The Sanguinor might be a better fit (and he won't need to pass a psychic test to move like jump infantry!). Either way though, both characters are about as close as you're going to get to Primarchhood inside of a Space Marine army.

If you're looking to grant Furious Charge to your army, I'd advise against using Astorath especially if you're already going to be running Mephiston or the Sanguinor. You can grant Furious Charge and Feel No Pain to your units via the presence of Sanguinary Priests, plus there's the Red Thirst rule (some of your units will get Furious Charge and Fearless before deployment).

·
Registered
246 Posts
1: World Eaters did have Berzerkers, they were people/marines who had the same gladiator implants as Angron did on his home planet. The Empperor banned them though, because of there pure ruthlessness. That was only a few decades before the Heresy though.

2: Don't use Mephiston as Angron, he has no Invunerable save, definetly use Seth as Kharn, but I don't see anything able to be used for Angron.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
danta

would it not be good to use danta as kharn , i know he not mad but he has good stats to make him a good cc character, and he has a jp to so works well for assalt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts