Votes: 55 94.8%
  • Abaddon wins this hands down

Votes: 3 5.2%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question has probably been discussed many times before but I have not found a thread that particularly talks in depths about this anywhere. So I was just wondering and my question is Who do you think will win if the current 40k Abaddon were to fight a Pre Heresy Primarch in single hand combat (theoretically)? Also how or why would they win?

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Yes they would win, they're Primarchs

How? They're Primarchs.

Why?......They're.....Primarchs.

I know some people will invariably go with Abaddon, citing his favour of the gods etc, but personally I just don't see it. I see him getting crushed. Horribly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I say the primarch will win but it won't be an easy win. I wonder if Abaddon is the same strength as that of a blood thirster or stronger. I think abaddon sword would be a problem and might be the great equalize between the primarch and abaddon.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Have we seen Abby really in action since he's gotten his marks and gear together?
Time to answer fluff with cruch: sort of. We have his stats at the current point in the 40K timeline and Primarch stats thanks to FW, which are supposed to be representative of their ability on the battlefield. The Primarch stats are invariably better. Even then, the Daemon Primarch are bound to be much, much stronger than Heresy-Era Primarchs, which were supposed to be second only to the Emperor.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'd be a bit iffy on those stats. The Primarchs are probably not tournament compilable, whereas Abby is.

Even if Abby is stronger than a daemon Primarch, he wouldn't be on TT for balance reasons.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
If the Murder Sword in the new CSM Codex is the anatheme that was used to lay Horus low in the hands of a mere human, think what Abaddon could do against a Primarch with Drach'Nyen and the Talon of Horus. And if Kor Phaeron can overcome Guilliman...

Nah, a Primarch would reliably win. Ezzy Abby could put up a good fight, I'm sure, and I imagine there are specialized circumstances under which he could win (and I doubt he would confront a Primarch under anything but specialized Primarchs, if he has any say in the matter), but I still think he'd lose far more often than not in the multiverse of possible Abby-vs-Primarch fights.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
There's a thought; due to some quirk/machination of a bored Chaos deity, "current" Abaddon meets Pre-Heresy Horus. Beyond a rather amusing "Epic Rap Battles of History" episode that it would make, I still see "good" Horus laying a smack-down on Abby...

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
A Primarch would crush Abaddon so horribly that there would be nothing left to feed to Russ afterwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, there's another occurence of a primarch not beating a lesser being in the Lion vs Luther fight, Lion didn't win either. I don't think the fight would be that one-sided, would be a close one at worst!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Renal good point but for the fact that Luther being pumped by the four gods of chaos for that fight.

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
More to the point, the Lion beat the snot out of Luther, but then hesitated to lay the final blow which the corrupted Luther used to his advantage.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
But he couldn't land the final blow thus the gods were cheated again and destroyed Caliban and scattering the Fallen.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Horus fight was less against Temba and more against the Anathema, and Temba wasn't even remotely human at that point. Horus had inflicted numerous killing blows by that point, or what should have been killing blows. All the while pretty blinded by the treachery of Temba and what he had become. But again, fighting the Anathema more than Temba. He also won anyway, sure he got poisoned/corrupted by the Anathema, but he still won the fight.

As for Kor Phaeron and Guilliman. Guilliman had just been fighting in the void for a long time, helmetless I might add, It's pretty much stated that he's not exactly fighting fit. And perhaps Phaeron might have been able to kill him if he'd taken the chance, but then Guilliman might have stopped in and ripped his heart out anyway. Regardless Guilliman won the fight, despite not being at full strength.

·
Registered
26 Posts
being fairly new to the hobby, just started playing 1.5yrs ago, but have been reading novels for 4-5 years i've always wondered why the demon primarchs allow abaddon to rule? i'm a tyranid player so i haven't gotten to too many other codex yet but if someone has any suggestions or directions they'd point me to find out some of the chaos fluff it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
being fairly new to the hobby, just started playing 1.5yrs ago, but have been reading novels for 4-5 years i've always wondered why the demon primarchs allow abaddon to rule? i'm a tyranid player so i haven't gotten to too many other codex yet but if someone has any suggestions or directions they'd point me to find out some of the chaos fluff it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks
From what I can remember; Curze and Horus are dead, Lorgar, Perturabo and Magnus are sulking (although Magnus did attack Fenris), Angron is pretty much doing whatever he wants, and I have no idea what Mortarion, Fulgrim and Alpharius/Omega are doing (I know Mortarion had that episode with Draigo, but apart from that:scratchhead:).

Hope this helps:)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts