Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Horus, Primarch of the Luna Wolves / 300 pts.

WS: 8 - BS: 6 - S: 6 - T: 6 - W: 5 - I: 7 - A: 5 - Ld: 10 - Sv: 2+/3++

Wargear: Power Sword, Twin-Linked Bolter, Eye of Terra (Confers a 3+ Invulnerable save), Terminator Armor

Special Rules:
Independent Character
Eternal Warrior
Fearless
God of War
Inspiring Presence
Titanic Might

God of War (Horus may choose to pass or fail any Morale test he is called upon to make.)

Inspiring Presence (All friendly units within 12" receive +1 attack while Horus is alive. This does not apply to Horus and does not stack with a Legion Banner.)

Titanic Might (Horus can re-roll failed attempts to wound with shooting and close combat attacks.)

I'm still brainstorming a couple more special rules for Horus.

And before the cries of "OP!!!" ring out, please compare vs. Mephiston, Lord of Death from the new Codex: Blood Angels, I'm at least charging more for Horus than they did for Ol' Mephy.

Anyone who would like to help with the SRs feel free to PM me.

Regards,
Horus Lupercal

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
A little underpowered for a Horus as far a combat goes, but he wasn't the best fighter so not a stat line like angron, Russ, or sang, and way underpriced. By the time you are done with a primarch you should be looking at a points cost upwords of 1000 and at least 700. For Horus you would be looking at some insane special rules to give his forces some major combat boosts. Look forword to seeing how he turns out.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
For pre heresy Stats look spot on, As far as special rules try and get tactical ones like allowing all deepstrikes within a large area with no scatter, and allowing to re roll all reserve roles, that way he could cost more points and be more primarchy

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Actually I would dump fearless. Not only is it bad... But it can kill you. Oh, btw, your weapon loudouts are wrong. Horus used a mace and the talon of Horus.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Actually he only used them during the heresy, pre-heresy he just used a power sword...I dunno where the talon came from but it does not appear untill the heresy.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
I was under the impression it was a gift from the emperor after ulinar(spelling?) so it was used at some point pre-herey, maybe. But any case the power sword should be master crafted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@gen.ahab: Thanks for the feedback, and this is supposed to be a pre-Ullanor Horus, like Horus after he placed in command of the Luna Wolves by the Emperor.

The weapon loadout is as it should be, master crafting won't matter as I'm giving him Calgar's Titanic Might, also going to be giving him Kantor's Inspiring Presence, I'm also thinking as to whether or not I should give him Calgar's God of War.

Although I see your point as to Fearless potentially being a model's undoing in the assault phase, I don't think I need worry too much, plus, everything must have a weakness.

Regards,
Horus Lupercal

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
He had the talon before he went rouge though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts