Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recall whether it mentions anywhere in Descent or Fallen what colour pre heresy Dark Angel librarians armour was at all?
Cheers Chris

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Doesn't mention it as far as i can remember. I got the impression from thousand sons aswell that the other librarians wern't in blue either. Think the blue armour might have come after the heresy

·
Registered
394 Posts
DA pre heresy armour was black, though the Collected Visions depict it as dark green. I don't think the librarians differed so I'm going with black.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I dont think that there was much of a librarium before the council of nikea, so I would assume that the Librarians would wear the same armour as their other brothers. Also, this may be speculation, but in the second DA HH novel (I cannot think of the name at the moment) The use of psychic hoods was in its infancy and not all librarians had one.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I thought any mutations whatsoever like that were banned outright so there were no psykers in the space marines, apart from the primarchs. The ships astropaths were there but I am fairly sure Librarians were not allowed in legions. Isn't that why the thousand sons were attacked? they used their psychic powers and the emperor thought i to be wrong??

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
lord reevan that was after the council of nikea when the emperor banned the use of psychic talent from the majority of his armed forces.

·
Registered
592 Posts
One could also argue that the other Legions would have chosen not to follow the sanctions at Nikea, considering there has been shown a presence of Librarians in loyalist legions after the events at Nikea in the overall timeline (Dark Angel series of books, for example.

Also, in A Thousand Sons you see that there is no collective Librarium, and that the Librarians are trained in-house. Considering the Blue of the Librarians come from the Librarium as the Red of the Techmarines comes from the Ad-Mech, I would assume they would retain their original legion color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts