Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Techpriest engineseers can grant a friendly vehicle "power of the machine spirit". Power of the machine spirit allows a vehicle to fire one more weapon at full BS than would normally be allowed (also allows the weapon to fire at a different target than the rest of the vehicle's weapons). Ordinance weapons, if fired, cause all other shots to be snap shots. If a tech priest granted a LRBT power of the machine spirit, does the specific rule power of the machine spirit override the general rule "if you fire an ordinance weapon all your other weapons fire as snap shots"?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Special rules over ride standard rules. So yes you can shot one other weapon using PotMS after shooting your ordinance.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a question, what happens if you fire an ordinance weapon & have say heavy flamers on the vehicle can it fire those normally??

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a question, what happens if you fire an ordinance weapon & have say heavy flamers on the vehicle can it fire those normally??
Potsm just lets you fire one of any weapon you have normally as if nothing else happened, so yes you can fire one heavy flamer

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
And I assume with "friendly vehicle" you can do it to Battle Brothers too. Now, on an additional question, can you grant POTMS TWICE to something? Such as a Land Raider that already has it?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
And I assume with "friendly vehicle" you can do it to Battle Brothers too. Now, on an additional question, can you grant POTMS TWICE to something? Such as a Land Raider that already has it?
Battle Brothers can be targeted by special rules, yes. And no, if you give the model a rule it already has it doesn't gain a second instance of it.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Think of it this way. It already has the rule; you can't give something what it already has.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
The rulebook pretty clearly states that a model may only have one of any USR.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
The Enginseers can only grant PotMS to friendly codex models so Battle Brothers vehicles is not a option.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
No, you only get one fire phase, that's valid. So, no stacking. One weapon on the russ could fire at full bs after the ordnance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts