Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's your favorite kind of rumor, back to reap havoc, anonymous rumors from Faeit 212! However, december is soon enough that at least we won't have to wait long to decide whether we rule it out or not.

Is it really possible that everything that appears to be set for December could be changing? This rumor tends to go in that direction, saying that a certain model was just not up to standards. According to this rumor bit, something like that could throw a wrench into the release schedule, and everything could be moving around.

Please remember that this is a rumor. Right now I have no idea where this stands.

via a very anonymous source on Faeit 212
current GW managerial chart says that's Smaug wasn't good enough for the studio, so GW have had to go back to the drawing board, moving current releases forward so they don't miss the Christmas release window, Nids moving up to Dec, dwarfs in Jan 2014.

They'll still do the collectors releases for the hobbit, scenes from the film and such, just no new hobbit box
Personally, I'm hoping this is true because it might mean Imperial Guard in February.

Updated 08NOV13:
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Tyranids
Looks like I was a month out with Nids release date. expected release date 30th Nov -7th Dec. Second wave releases got removed if you haven't already noticed. Expect second wave release's to start in approx 18-24 month after all codex's and army books are complete.

Christmas Bundles
Normally we have an army strike force box set each year, guess again. that's the new standard battle forces so be interesting to see what pops around at x-mas if anything.

Orks
I know I was told Orks for march this may well not be the case but could be May with the campaign release month being June.

Black Library Books
There's 2 new boos being worked on by BL. hints have been thrown at me of Iron Warriors vs Daemons (definitely Iron Warriors) also another SMB book, still looking into this at the minute. Authors unknown but artwork is rumored to be by the talented Jon Sullivan

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
mh. well... very vague. IG in february could be awesome. But i'm not going to take this for good :)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
YES!! NID-MAUS!!

Have you been a good little broodling? For Hive Tyrant Santa Scything claws is coming to town in his hive ship pulled by 12 slobbering Carfnex to fill the stockings of all the good followers of the swarm biomass made of all the BAD little followers.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I am minded to take this with a huge dose of salt. Knowing how the approval system for LotR and Hobbit stuff works (having been there for most of LotR in person), any models not 'up to standard' would have been presented back in July for a christmas release. Approval happens before production, not after.

If there has been a major schedule change, it is for another reason, not that Smaug wasn't good enough. They'd have known that back in the summer and dealt with it back then.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Mmm, Guard in February..... :so_happy:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Its sounds to me to be more of a case of "no one likes lord of the rings so they'll release something more interesting - I reckon"
We get pretty much the same quote every year and every year the December release is exactly as expected

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I seem to recall that there hasn't been a 40k or WHF release in december for well over a decade. They've always concentrated on core sales in december (or LotR, which isn't a 'core' product) and relied on that hooking people for a big january release that nets all the christmas money.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I think the entire process feed being thrown off, no WD prefeeding, no pre-ordering, all this would be against moving a release UP. But it would be nice.

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More info.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Tyranids
Looks like I was a month out with Nids release date. expected release date 30th Nov -7th Dec. Second wave releases got removed if you haven't already noticed. Expect second wave release's to start in approx 18-24 month after all codex's and army books are complete.

Christmas Bundles
Normally we have an army strike force box set each year, guess again. that's the new standard battle forces so be interesting to see what pops around at x-mas if anything.

Orks
I know I was told Orks for march this may well not be the case but could be May with the campaign release month being June.

Black Library Books
There's 2 new boos being worked on by BL. hints have been thrown at me of Iron Warriors vs Daemons (definitely Iron Warriors) also another SMB book, still looking into this at the minute. Authors unknown but artwork is rumored to be by the talented Jon Sullivan
Considering we just got our first glimpse of a Tyranid Box, I can actually believe that Tyranids are coming next month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts