1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warhammer 40k
Second founding chapter
Arawn Hammers

Battle cry: For Brogan, the Emperor and Ardara. Or banshees scream.

Founder: Saul Tarvitz renamed Brogan (captain 10th company Emperor’s children)

Chapter master: Brogan of Sikures (Saul Tarvitz) (High Druid).

Horus heresy

In the novel Horus Rising, Tarvitz is depicted as a loyal veteran Space Marine of the Imperium of Man. Like his friend Lucius (later Lucius the Eternal), Tarvitz is a Captain of the Emperor's Children Legion. Where Lucius is childish and egotistical, Tarvitz is mature and grounded; while Lucius changes throughout the series, Tarvitz does not. Tarvitz's ultimately loses faith in the Legion's creed of 'martial and moral perfection' and moves towards fellow marines who share his views, such as Garviel Loken and Tarik Torgaddon of the Luna Wolves Legion. Tarvitz discovers a dark secret: Apothecary Fabius, a high-ranking Emperor's Children officer, is deliberately altering the Legion's gene-seed. Tarvitz sees this action as heretical, and refuses to be involved. He is subsequently marked as a traitor by Lord Commander Eidolon.
Tarvitz's purported death is detailed Istavaan III incident in the novel, Galaxy in Flames. Alongside Lucius, Tarvitz leads the surviving Loyalists in a desperate effort to repulse the traitor forces. Lucius comes to resent Tarvitz's success and envies him the respect he commands from the men. Lucius contacts Lord Commander Eidolon of the traitor Emperor's Children, promising to deliver Tarvitz - and the Imperial position - to the Warmaster's, in exchange for rejoining the Legion. During an attempt to outflank the attackers, Tarvitz finds Lucius and is challenged to single combat. Tarvitz emerges the victor after an intense duel, forcing Lucius to flee. Tarvitz leads a successful flank attack on the Emperor's Children.
The Warmaster, realizing how many Astartes he is losing, withdraws his troops and bombs the surface. Tarvitz and his forces are in the palace as this happens. They realize the futility of seeking shelter, and are presumed dead to a man. In the novel 'Fulgrim', however, Lucius tells Lord Commander Eidolon that the Dreadnought, Ancient Rylanor, was sent by Tarvitz to guard an ancient hangar in the depths of the Precentor's Palace. This implies a possible escape for Tarvitz, either in the form of an underground refuge, or in ship/ships to carry him and his survivors from the planet's surface.

Text above is sourced from other articles.
Pre-founding History.

Crash on Ardara.

Captain Tarvitz had survived the attack on Istavaan V so had a few others. These surviving marines were reorganized into a tactical squad and a devastator squad. He led his men though the ruins of the city dead marines were scattered everywhere. In most cases the dead marines had been blown apart. In tangled groups of brunt flesh. Many of the surviving marines took extra ammo from their dead brothers the devastator squad liberated heavy weapons from corpses and taking extra ammo. The space port was just in the next block when one of his men picked up a transponder signal coming from a burnt out building. Tarvitz sent his tactical squad to check it out, when they returned they had an apothecary with them badly hurt but alive. It was brother Andrayas from their own company but he had been left aboard the ship in orbit. Andrayas explained that members of the 10th company and fragments of other companies had been sent down supposedly as a relief force and that they had been abandoned by the legion. Most of the supposed relief force had been killed on arrival by their own legion that had turned to chaos. A physic communication cut across their conversation

“This is brother librarian Ammos, of the emperor’s children 10th company. All surviving marines are to report to the 2nd gate in hanger 7 of the spaceport in sector 3, I repeat 2nd gate hanger 7 sector 3”.

Within an hour the captain and his men reached the designated spot. There was no one around, no sign of any marines anywhere. The sound of one of the gate opening caused the marines to spin round and level their weapons. As a solitary figure, stepped out of gate 5. The librarian was young, his amour new. Tarvitz approached the young librarian,

“Brother Ammos”

“Yes brother captain it is I, I have a devastator squad with me and a thunder-hawk to take us from this emperor forsaken place”

“Wait, there may be more of our brothers making their way here, we will wait for 1 day for them, send out the message. In the mean time our brothers need rest and brother andrayas will need to tend the wounded, if he can”.

Gate 5 closed behind them where they found the other devastator squad loading supplies on to the thunder-hawk. The day passed and only two marines appeared carrying a third who was unconscious. Some of the marines had lost limbs in the bombardment they had been stabilized but with out a tech-marine they would never return to battle. Brother ammos was giving orders for the last of the equipment to be loaded on to the thunder-hawk when they herd a rumble followed by a earth splitting crash as metal grinded against metal as it bent and buckled. The captain ordered brother ammos to take a squad to investigate.

When the librarian returned two of his marines were hurt but very mildly, what they did have with them was a contingent of loyal Sons of Horus who had fled from there legion when they realized that it was going against the emperor.
With this new contingent of marines in their midst Tarvitz took the librarian aside and asked him to keep a look out for any corruption in his or the Sons of Horus marines. What did go well with the captain was that one of the surviving Sons of Horus was a tech-marine and was set to work rebuilding the lost limbs of the men.

A week after this ragtag force escaped from the planets surface and commandeering a strike cruiser, two of the marines were found to be in league with the chaos gods. These two were executed and dumped out the air lock. But it appeared that they had been found to late, because the ship soon after started to have malfunctions all over the ship the tech-marine did his best but to no avail when the navigator started up their warp drive. There was a cascade failure and the ship was catapulted though the warp-jump. The navigator by freak chance was able to stabilise the jump and exited the warp.

The ship exited warp far south of the Segmentum tempestus, in unknown territory. With loss of the warp drive and cascading failures of all systems through out the ship Tarvitz decided to find the nearest planet to make repairs so that they could get back to the emperor and revenge on their traitorous legion. The planet they selected showed to be inhabited by humans although the captain could not be sure it the sensors could be relied on. The librarian agreed that there was human life on the surface but couldn’t determine if they were imperial citizens or a forgotten colony. The ships main drive systems failed upon re-entry and the ship crashed into the surface of the planet. Some of the more critically injured marines who were still in the apothecary’s care died in the crash but most survived.

Ardara

The people of Ardara were of Celtic stock, a warring nation of large factions over the millennia since they came to Ardara, these factions had died out to leave two nations (the Sikives and the Arawn) the technology of these people had stayed the same since their arrival. Their history was catalogued in great books that were steeped in mystery and only truly understood by the Druids who where the keepers of knowledge. Many believe the fire in the sky that day foretold the coming of hero’s as said in the old text when the last fire had made the earth shake. But the druids knew it was the coming of man, great men of power and truth.
The chief of the Arawn Bivor was advised by the high druid to seek out the men that came from the fire of truth. So the chief grabbed his house hold guard of 100 men and set off for the crash site on half-track jeeps with power lances in hand.

Tarvitz’s ship had crashed on an open plain giving him ample view of the surrounding thus not allowing for sneak attacks had organised his remaining brothers into setting up camp, scouting the surrounding areas for human life and possible repairs to the ship. It was on the 4th day that Brother Domicus (tech-marine) came to the captain.

“Brother Captain, I have bad news the ship is unsalvageable, the thrusters are shot and so are the main drives. That peace of scrap isn’t going anywhere. But the sub-space transceiver may be repaired given time.”
“How much time, brother, a week maybe two”

“HA, more like a month, ill have to strip it out of the ship and rebuild it by taking parts from sections of the ship. The problem is its hard wired in to the main spirit core and I have to take that out with the transceiver or else it will never work. The rights of disassembly are long and have to be exact”.

It was on the 7th day that one of the battle brother who was out on recon radioed in that a group of armed men in open top half-tracks were heading for the crash sight. The orders were given and the marines suited up and took their positions for repelling an attack.
As the locals came in to view they stopped and a very tall thin man got out the back carrying a power staff. The druid came closer and closer. He stopped within shouting distance.

Brother ammos’s voice came across the com line “brother captain this man is a powerful psychic, it takes much of my power just to keep him out of my head. He knows we are here he is searching for you our leader”.

The tall mans voice drifted over the plain “so it is true, the old ones have returned, the men of peace and justice have finally come to return us to the fold of man. Come show you’re self, show yourselves and name your legion.”

These words shocked the marines “brother captain, how does he know of us, this planet is not known to any legion”

“Quite brother, I do not know. But I will find out, stay hidden I will talk to this man who would know us”.

Tarvitz stood up from behind a sheet of the hull that he had used as cover, and in full power armour approached the man. Tarvitz could see him easily from this distance and saw the look of shock that passed over the druids face (“so” thought the captain “he knows of us but has never seen one of us, I wonder what this means”). Captain Tarvitz stood towering over the druid and slowly removed his helmet.

“So how do you know of us” the voice of Tarvitz boomed

The druids face hardened “first you must tell me from what legion to hail, to see if you are worthy of meeting our chief, only then shall we tell you our history”

“HAHAHA you speak without fear man, I like that. First it is obvious that a legion was once based here and they are not here any longer. “We are of the emperor’s Children chapter and Sons of Horus two of the original 20 legions”.

The marines followed the druid back to the waiting group and the captain was introduced to the chief who dropped to his knees asking for salvation from the horrors of the Sikives.
History of Ardara

Once back at the city the marine captain, asked to see the leaders of the clan, the Chief took Tarvitz in to a stone hall decorated with images of marines fighting to protect a god like man (the emperor) from what looked like mutated men. There the chief sat on a raised seat of stone covered in furs. Four other men appeared one was the tall lanky man they had first met two of the others were tall but looked in their prime the fourth was a tall gaunt elderly man covered in tattoos. This man waved a hand in front of the chief’s face, the chief slumped in his seat with a glazed expression on his face.
This old man then turned to the marines “well now shall we get down to business, lord captain”

“What is this, what heretic magic is this..” putting a hand on his power sword.

“Stay your hand brother Captain” brother librarian ammos said “he is a psychic and a powerful on at that”

“Your librarian says true. Now why have you come to our planet? To give us salvation from the mutants or kill us as heretics”.

Brother ammos stepped forward “first you must tell us of the ones before us, the imperium of man know nothing of this planet”.

“Fine we shall give you our records”. Turning to one of the others “bring them” turning back to the marines “first you must understand that we are the secret keepers we know that you are space marines, and that you serve the holy god emperor, as we do ye most of the people here have forgotten the truth in the thousands of years since the imperium and its space marine legion died here…”. The younger druid returned holding a massive volume on the front it had marking of a legion. “This is a record of the 2nd legion The Ardara Hammers”.

History of the II legion

The druid explained that in time before time a fire ball landed on Ardara, this ball was made of metal and in it was a child. That child was named Hamel it was said that he became a giant of a man with immense power. The warring tribes were banded together to create the Arawn. We lived in peace for decades until the sikives came out of the mountain. Thus the Ardara wars began, Hamel took many warriors and crushed the mutants, what was left of them disappeared and we never herd of them again. Soon after these wars ended a huge flying ship came from the sky and landed next to the city a man stepped out in gold armour glowing with immense power, Hamel dropped to his knees and called the man father. Hamel left with his father and 100 of our best warriors, it is said when they returned they had the strength of 10 men memories that never forgot. Their amour was much like yours except bigger and a little slower. But more than that, when they came back there were more than 100 of them they when up into the hills and built a fortress inside the hills called Govannon. The only entrance to the fort from the out side is a metal gate in the side of the hill.
Tarvitz interrupted the story “Hamel was a primarch and his farther was the emperor, so you’re telling us that the space marines that were here The Ardara hammers were a first founding legion. You said they had memories that never forgot, you mean they never forgot anything they learnt. Larger armour than ours, you mean terminator amour”.

“Yes Yes I mean these things. Now let me finish” the gate in the side of the hill only opens to space marines who say a certain phrase. It is a voice commanded door that scans for implants. Later on when the works had finished, Hamel came to his people wanting to recruit the next generation of marines for the legion. Many agreed and so four children from every village were designated at birth to join the legion their lives up until they joined was constant learning from others in the village about strength, awareness constant training by their villages. This became a ritual and then a festival was held, to test the strongest of the newest recruits, the winner gained much honour in this and the village would be given a little more help in its harvest time by the marines. This was seen as a great honour for the village”.
After many generations of sending men to war, something happened here on the home world and the legion master started killing his own men, cleansing he calls it in the great text. It is said that some of the men became tainted by ungodly powers. Hamel cut these seeds from the tree, but the damage was done their gene seed went wrong and marines started to age faster than normal humans only Hamel was unaffected. Until only Hamel was left. He set up the druid counsel and gave us certain implants. That he created himself from the great library of Govannon. He told us the secrets of the legion but never to enter its vaults. Only when a marine whom you deem worthy, should appear will you tell them of our past. The Lord Hamel then had his body entombed in a great metal war machine. Which is said to sit, inside the fortress main hall.
Since that time we the druids have never set foot in the fortress even though we know the entrance code. But 10 years ago when a trader from one of the smaller towns was found ripped apart on the roads with several dead sikives around him, it be came obvious that the sikives were back 2 of our youngest druids being the fools that young people are opened the gates to the fort. As expected they were cut down and a voice proclaimed that they were not marines and therefore unworthy of the secrets inside. Since then sikives have attacked more often and many warriors have died protection convoys of traders.

When it became obvious that the old druid, was no longer going to speak. Tarvitz stood and said we are marines and we demand entrance to the fortress. So we can study the text for ourselves. Maybe even awaken the Primarch and have him help his people again.

The druids agreed and so at dawn the next day they stood in front of the fortress gates that were cut into the hill side. The old druid said the words of opening and then was carried away from the gates as they opened. A green flash swept over the marines, and a voice boomed out welcome brothers come in so we can talk. The great gates closed behind them. The floor shook and descended into the gloom after several mins passed the voice sounded again telling them the story the druids had told them with a few alterations. The primarch had been able to stabilise the gene seed but by then all but 5 had died. These five marines were the primarch, the chief librarian, two captains and a single tech-marine. But in surviving much of their bodies had been devastated by mutation and so became distorted they wouldn’t survive much longer and so the two captains and the librarian were placed into the dreadnought amour. The tech-marine had developed a super dreadnought he had called the M30X terminator dreadnaught, that he himself had been entombed in.

any and all coments are welcome.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know its not great but i did write this about 6 months ago. sorry if its bad.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Not bad. I'm not keen on people creating Legions or taking characters from the official fluff but this is a pretty good.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
generally i would agree with you but Tarvitz is shown in the fluff to be an unknow.. is he dead or still alive some place.

·
Registered
429 Posts
sorrie man i dont like it i play the 2nd legion (ok the color i made up)
and also the leagions go in order of when the primarch was found witch is funnie coz o is door step the 6th one was found lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats cool not everyone is going to like it so no probs, i gave up with this fluff a wile back and started my sea dragons chapter instead if ppl want i can finish it off.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and inquistor me Horus was the first to be found and he got legion XVI. so just cos the 2nd legion i made up the primarch was found at a diff time doesnt mean he couldn't have got the 2nd legion

·
Registered
429 Posts
oh and inquistor me Horus was the first to be found and he got legion XVI. so just cos the 2nd legion i made up the primarch was found at a diff time doesnt mean he couldn't have got the 2nd legion
not all the i started 10 years ago back then it was the lion that was the first to be found

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
not all the i started 10 years ago back then it was the lion that was the first to be found
I ain't gonna argue but that was then and this is now and there are still 2 unknown Primarchs that no one knows anything about, so people can let their imagination run riot.(i assume).

I happen to know this from in depth researching so that I can argue with other people about the Primarchs oh and of course make their rules which anyone has any I deas for a Primarch for their own chapter I am willing to help make the rules for them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well anyway its all good fun. although i gess what i have here isnt actually the second legion coz in this fluff the second legion is actually dead apart form the primarch who is in a dread. what it is are loyal remnants of other legions taking the 2nd legions name to hide from the inqu. although i gess i could take geneseed from the primarch even if he is in the dread and start the legion over.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Personally I really liked the story. Great way of putting some fluff together and coming out with something new. I sort of agree with some of the other posters that I don't like people taking the unknown legions (although some could argue thats what you're supposed to do) I thought you did it well by having the destroyed remnants of the 2nd legion being discovered. (Plus it solves the whole "how has this new legion existed if they have the blood of heretics and traitors".)

And I like Celtic culture, and it's clear that you knew a little about it. I'd like to know a bit more. Like how the natives have dealt with the mutants, as well as how the loyalists are gonna deal with them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is the next section. enjoy.

by mutation and so became distorted they wouldn’t survive much longer and so the two captains and the librarian were placed into the dreadnought amour. The tech-marine had developed a super dreadnought he had called the M30X terminator dreadnaught, which he had entombed the Primarch in.

The giant lift descended further and further, it came to rest at the bottom of the shaft. Before them was a secondary door covered in old text depicting the history of the second legion. Here on the doors were also the commands from the emperor that led the Primarch Hamel to destroy his own legion, and start again fresh with his untainted gene-seed.

The doors gave off a sinister green glow as the ancient gears and cogs came to life opening the doors. Stretching in to the darkness was a huge parade ground with several huge lifts that would take troops to the surface. Even with their enhanced vision the group of marines could just make out the shapes of turrets and gun emplacements at the far end of the cavern.

“What is this place” asked Sergeant Kaymal.

“This is stageing ground for the legion as well as the killing ground if an enemy got in. you see the fortifications in the wall at the far end. Well no look at the caverns roof above your heads”

At the captains words everyone looked up to see dozens of las-cannons and twin-linked bolter emplacements above them.

“Emperor have mercy, no one could survive these defences”

“Lets keep moving, I want to see what’s behind that door” pointing to a third monstrous door at the far end set between a large cluster of defensive positions. This door was a lot simpler it held on its face the legion symbol of a planet on a background of two crossed war hammers forming an X. underneath which was the legion number II.

Placing a hand on the door, Captain Tarvitz gave a push, the doors responded by flashing a red beam over the collection of warriors. Slowly the doors receded in to the walls. The ancient generators below them stirred from their slumber as lights all round the fort came back to life. The hall that the marines had entered had many doors leading from them other hall ways led to different sections of the fort that hadn’t seen the presence of a living soul for thousands of years. Captain Tarvitz led his men to the end of the hall. Looking round him Tarvitz found himself looking at a mezzanine floor that surrounded the hall that was accessed from the end by two giant curved staircases. Between which was an oak door that stood open. Through these doors marched the marines, what was in front of them made them shudder with fear...

To be continued.

·
Registered
414 Posts
and also the leagions go in order of when the primarch was found witch is funnie coz o is door step the 6th one was found lol
yeah, the legions werent numbered based on when the primarchs were found. they were numbered based on when the legions were being created back on earth. example: the I Legion is the Dark Angels, but the first primarch found was Horus.

and very nice fluff btw.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
next part

On a razed platform at the far end of what appeared to be this lost legions great hall stood the largest dreadnaught any of them had ever seen. It stood on four legs for extra stability; these legs supported an armoured body that held two sarcophaguses. The first in the standard position the second slightly behind and above so that only the upper part of the second sarcophagus was showing. Its mighty frame held a twin-linked Auto cannon on its right upper arm. Its left upper arm was replaced with missile launcher system. Its lower right arm supported a modified plasma cannon. The lower left arm was a standard power fist.

Flanking it on both sides were two more dreadnaughts. One of which was a hell fire. Lights around the chamber began to flicker into life. The walls were covered in battle scenes the images of marines battling alien filth, others held pictures of human abominations been cut down but the marines. Behind the sleeping dreads was a mural of what was obviously the Primarch of the legion standing atop of a mountain of dead humans and aliens holding the legions banner in the air as a beam of sun light shone on him from a break in the clouds above. His huge war hammer in his left gauntlet, still with the dripping blood of his enemies.

Tarvitz looked Upon the mural of this god like figure, a sense of pride and loyalty washed over him like a haze surrounding and enveloping. Around him his men were also experiencing these things, this is what a Primarch should look like. The thought drifted in to his head, his thoughts becoming clouded with what his former lord Primarch had done to his men.

A hiss of a hydraulic jack made Tarvitz put a hand to his sword, as had many of his brothers who were scanning the room with bolters at the ready. It wasn’t until Sergeant Kaymal looked at the M30X dreadnaught did they realise what had changed.

“Captain, the dreadnaught moved”

“Kaymal, think before you speak. They are asle…”

A metallic voice of such raw power boomed across the room “you are mistaken Captain I am not asleep”

To be continued.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts