Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEnt to my FLGS the other day and laid eyes on the Ironclad Dread. Totally worth it, so I bought it, built it, and laid down my base of Chaos Black for my Templars.

Problem:

No Ironclads in the Templar Codex.

Anyone have any idea on how to make this codex legal, or does it just sit on the shelf until GW gets around to a 5th edition BT codex?

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
WEnt to my FLGS the other day and laid eyes on the Ironclad Dread. Totally worth it, so I bought it, built it, and laid down my base of Chaos Black for my Templars.

Problem:

No Ironclads in the Templar Codex.

Anyone have any idea on how to make this codex legal, or does it just sit on the shelf until GW gets around to a 5th edition BT codex?
Well... you could give it the hurricane bolter arm and treat it as an assault cannon or something?

On a side note, this is why reading the Codex before buying stuff is good. :p

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Yeah.... this is just a case of "Oh shit that looks nice!" 20 mins later "God damnit, I can't use it!" Sorry dude but it is time to play the waiting game. Good news is that it may be within a year..... maybe.

·
Disciple of Change
354 Posts
Cant you just field it as a normal dread?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hopefully you haven't glued the arms on and you can just switch them for weapons that are legal for the BT's, like bits and kits says.

I have a couple of venerable dreads for my BA army which I can't field as a venerable dread but just use the weapons that are legal so I can field it as heavy support dread.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I('ve got some legal Dread arms laying about. I really want to use the seismic hammer as my CCW, though, but my heart is breaking as that Hurricane Bolter is going to waste.

·
Registered
548 Posts
you could just ask your opponent if you can use it
i'm actually with stella on this one - most casual opponents would probably be cool with you using the ironclad...not one for competitive play though.

the other option is to field a vanilla codex army. just rename your army the dark templars or some such nonsense! then you get to use the lovely vanguard jump marines too... :grin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before I got into 40K whole hog, I always found it ironic that it was the "Black" Templars, since the color of the Knights Templarwas red. The color of the Knights Hospitaler were black.

Needless to say I contemplated starting a chapter called the "RedHospitalers" just for the inside history jpoke.

Of course that all fell apart when I fdound I couldn't paint red worth a damn...

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
i'm actually with stella on this one - most casual opponents would probably be cool with you using the ironclad...not one for competitive play though.

the other option is to field a vanilla codex army. just rename your army the dark templars or some such nonsense! then you get to use the lovely vanguard jump marines too... :grin:
I assume that would be tricky if you have a load of initiates in your squads.

Makes me glad Im using vanilla codex and I get to use my lovely ironclad dropodosaurus :laugh:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Not so much an Ironclad screwup as a noob screwup.

YOU assumed that the BT could take them. That's YOUR screwup.
Next time, read the codex before buying models if you want your army to use them.

Sorry, no sympathy here (and no empathy either).

I play SM, Eldar, DH and Guard. I also have a Tau skyray, Necron Monolith, Dark Eldar raider, and ork trukk. These models were bought purely because I wanted the models, not because I 'thought' I might be able to use them in the above armies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts