Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a possible army I might take to a tournament in October, what I need to know is how competitive this army list is?

Autarch with Banshee Mask, Mandiblasters & Powerweapon - 93 points.

Farseer with Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Guide & Doom - 130 points.

10 Guardians, Eldar Missile Launcher - 100 points.

10 Guardians, Bright Lance - 110 points.

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Powerweapon, Shimmershield & Defend - 162 points.

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Powerweapon, Shimmershield & Defend - 162 points.

10 Howling Banshees, Exarch with Executioner & Acrobatic- 187 points.

10 Swooping Hawks, Exarch with Powerweapon, Skyleap & Intercept- 252 points.

Fire Prism with Holo-fields - 150 points.

Fire Prism with Holo-fields - 150 points.

Wraithlord with Wraithsword & Starcannon - 130 points.

Army Total: 1'496 points.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not really. Criticisms in order:
-Guardian Defender squads can be good; I like one EML squad in up to 1000 points, but in 1500 they're just going to die. They suck at shooting, and they die in droves. If you're going to field them, downgrade to scatter lasers - cheaper, actually going to hit, and useful vs transports or troops.
-Those Dire Avengers are screaming for transports. Furthermore, a more typical DA squad is 10, exarch with twin cats and bladestorm. Try yours out, your mileage may vary.
-Again, Banshees not in a transport are going to die.
-Swooping Hawks are ridiculous. You're paying a Land Raider in points, in order to:
+fire mediocrely at good range
+possibly destroy one vehicle, before you die.
Compare with Fire Dragons, that wonderful and deadly unit, who are cheaper, better, and better again. 5 Fire Dragons in a transport cost less than this squad, and do better at everything except massed T3 enemies.
Prisms are fine, the wraithlord is a bit of a fire magnet and should probably have EML/brightlance or just sword.

Also, I think that autarch is illegal, you can't have banshee mask and mandiblasters (I'm pretty sure?) Furthermore, S3 power weapons are balls.

A lot of the right elements are in your list, and I've tried to distinguish between my personal opinion on units that are good anyway, and units which just won't work for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Give the Autarch a chain sword and the mandi blasters run him with the Banshees

Get rid of the hawks they blow for their points.

Maybe loose the Wraith Lord. They are great, but you only have one psycher in the army and like Jac said, a lone lord is just target practice.

Go with scatter lassers in your guardian squads.

Good luck

If you have the models use these point to buy wave serpents to carry the Banshees and Dire Avengers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
252 points for Swouping hawks? haha. no..... drop them completely and add in a group of Fire Dragons with a Wave serpant.
I would take out the Howling Banshees and the Autarch as Assulting with eldar is bad unless your running shining spears. Use points from that to give both Dire Avenger Squads Wave Serpants.
If Howling Banshees are Wanted drop the Autarch, and add another Farseer with Doom and Fortune and attatch him to the Howling Banshee. Make sure the Exarch has an Exicutioner as it is very effective. Banshees will get owned when trying to wound space marines with strength three

·
Registered
20 Posts
hate to break it to you but the army there is 1626 points... looks like you havent added in the wraithlord to your points cost

again id agree with everyone else - swooping hawks are a waste of points, autarch's power weapon aswell.

id be tempted to swap the far seer with Eldrad team him up with the banshee's(with excutioner) and throw them in a wave serpent.

set both guardians up with scatter lasers aswell

any points spare i would look into investing into anti armor - maybe eml/bl on the wraithlord

1 - 6 of 6 Posts