Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title states could I use possession to summon a named greater daemon like skarbrand or fateweaver ??? In the rules it doesn't say you can or can't so what's people's opinion.
I played agains daemons last week and the guy summoned skarbrand, I didn't have a problem with it as it's
Like 300points for the top Bloodthirster now and I think 250 for skarbrand, how ever if he would have summons fate weaver I think it's maybe a different story ha ha

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Check the wording of the rules.

If it specifies that a greater daemon can be summoned, then look to see if that includes named characters.

I haven't read the daemons codex, but in the necron codex when a rule applies to a necron lord or overlord it also specifies the inclusion of named variants where applicable.

I would be inclined to think that unless it specifies that Skarbrand or Fateweaver can be summoned the same way, or unless it specifies that they have all the same special rules as a greater daemon as well as their own, then the answer is no.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The spell specifies that the psyker is turned into a Bloodthirster, Great Unlean One, Keeper of Secrets or Lord of Change. So I would say no as it doesn't specify the named deamons, that said if you really want to get funny about it there is no generic bloodthirster anymore is there? SO arguably by the same logic you can't summon a bloodthirster.

EDIT: I forget Codex: Chaos Deamons is still a thing so ignore my last point....

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Skarbrand =/= Bloodthirster.

GW is VERY particular on wording. 'Bloodthirster' is a model. 'Skarbrand' is a model.

Otherwise Bloodthirster could be Bloodthirster of Unfettered Rage.

Another, more recent example.

Sammael is Sammael. Ravenclaw is Sammael's speeder. The two datasheets are different. GW says they're different, so they have to be in something that says 'you can't take them both in the same army'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts