Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am gonna add a squad of seven Possessed to my Death Guard army, however I thought that I would use a box of regular Space Marines, painted as various chapters, just all possessed and whatnot. The rest of my army is all FW Deathguard parts etc etc, just wondering what your thoughts would be on this.

Would it look goofy, or do you guys think it may be cool?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I think you might be able to pull this off if the models are mostly diseased and possessed. I would do lots of corruption and only have the original chapter colors and symbols peaking out under layers of Nurgle filth.

As long as the unifying color is the Nurgleness, the original chapter colors becomes accent colors.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I recommend Typhus Corrosion, Ryza Rust, and Nurgle's Rot, from the special effect pain line at GW. Use TC and RR to rust up the marines armor, and add Rot leaking from wounds and such. Can double up as plague marines too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I have picked up a few of those paints. Seem pretty legit. I was more concerned with using Loyalist paint schemes on my possessed due to the plans I have for my Heldrake. I absolutely despise the actual GW model, so I was going to buy a SM Storm Talon, and make it possessed, and have Nurglings and Plague Bearers chilling out in/on it etc etc etc. Seems like a good idea in my head, and I have an idea of how I want it to look, but how I want it to look and how it will turn out are two different stories haha

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I should have clarified that I like the idea a lot. Sorry. Also, to add, I did the same thing for my plague marines, I bought a few boxes of the citadel plague marines, some CSM tacticals, and loyalist tacticals. I nurgled out the loyalist tacticals with green stuff, same with the CSMs but a little less so, and left the citadel plague marines alone. Tooled them up with the proper weapons, and ended up with varying stages of Nurgle curruption. The same method could be used to put out some awesome Possessed, just instead of infected, they've been taken over by daemons of Nurgle.

The best route, in my opinion, is just experiment. Every time you paint, especially when you get an exciting idea like this, it's going to be an experiment, but just try it and I'm sure it will come out interesting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha I think my possessed will be in Ultramarines color scheme...because I would love to see those goody goodies all corrupted.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not yet started to paint my Plague Marines. I'm thinking of going for a pre heresy colour scheme, but supper rusty and grungy. Years ago when I played I had the green PMs, and I wanna try a different route this time. I still think blue is gonna be a good colour to contrast, however if there are any better ideas lemme know what you think. Maybe Salamanders, Blood Angels....who knows haha

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I have not yet started to paint my Plague Marines. I'm thinking of going for a pre heresy colour scheme, but supper rusty and grungy. Years ago when I played I had the green PMs, and I wanna try a different route this time. I still think blue is gonna be a good colour to contrast, however if there are any better ideas lemme know what you think. Maybe Salamanders, Blood Angels....who knows haha

That's a reallycool idea, I went with all green plague marines, I did Death World Green with Agrax Earthshade washes, and no highlights, so they look uber dingy. If it's going to be straight up Death Guard, then they can be the original legionaries, but now currupted and contaminated.

As for the blue, I like that idea because it makes them obviously not-part of your chapter, meaning they'll stand out as unwilling captives. That's what I was going for with my PMs, except they are all painted up green, or rusty silver.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a reallycool idea, I went with all green plague marines, I did Death World Green with Agrax Earthshade washes, and no highlights, so they look uber dingy. If it's going to be straight up Death Guard, then they can be the original legionaries, but now currupted and contaminated.
Nice. I like the really dingy brown or green ones too. They can look pretty badass. I cant wait to do the pre heresy colours on my termies too. I kit bashed the FW Death Guard termies with the Deathshroud models they have to make a post heresy Deathshroud squad :good:

As for the blue, I like that idea because it makes them obviously not-part of your chapter, meaning they'll stand out as unwilling captives. That's what I was going for with my PMs, except they are all painted up green, or rusty silver.
I am kind of partial to the blue as well. I am torn between Ultramarines or Crimson Fists for a darker blue.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I have been pining over the Grave Wardens and Pre-Heresy Typhon model. The FW stuff is incredible as far as Death Guard goes.

Crimson Fists would be cool! And even more stand out with their distinct colors

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My conversion of the FW Typhus to post heresy is badass. At least in my mind haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts