Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm trying to make a fluffy, semi-competitive army list.

The idea is that most of my army is possessed by daemons (maybe i can tweak it to make everything daemons... help me out with this^^)

So here we go:

HQ:

Sorcerer [165]
- Prophet of the voices
- Spell familiar
- Gift of mutation
- Mastery level 3

He, as you might expect, goes with the 14 possessed. Because he is an daemon, he can you malific demonology without penalties. This opens up some nice summoning and protection abilities (if i roll cursed ground). The reason why i didn't give him a mark is because I want 3 rolls on the malific power table instead of 1 god + 2 malific.

Sorcerer [210]
- Daemonheart
- Bike
- Gift of mutation
- Spell familiar
- Sigil of corruption
- Mastery level 3

The hard hitting sorcerer, toughness 5, 2+/4++ save. he rolls 3x on the biomancy table to buff himself to even higher levels. Mark of nurgle would be great, but that means that i would have 1 less biomancy power and I do not know is that would be worth it.

Troops

Possessed x14 [364]

You run of the mill possessed with a new shiny table to roll on. No marks to save some points

Chaos space marines x5 [120]
- Melta gun
- Rhino

Chaos space marines x5 [120]
- Melta gun
- Rhino

I don't know what to do with these, on the one hand they can keep up with my army, on the other hand i don't feel like they belong like this in the list.... any suggestions?

Fast

Chaos spawn x5 [180]
- mark of nurgle

Chaos spawns with the mark of nurgle always worked for me, they are fast, hit hard and with a biomancy sorc in them i think they will be great.

Heldrake [170]
- baleflamer

Even with the nerf to heldrakes baledrakes are still awesome

Heldrake [170]
- Hades autocannon

Not so happy with this heldrake, but i need some anti air/transport capability in this list....

Heavy support

Maulerfiend
- magma cutters

Maulerfiend
- magma cutters

Fast, hit reasonable hard, tougher with the new damage table, would want to give at least 1 tenticles, but i dont have the points

So there we have it, my first draft, hopefully you guys (and girls) will like it.

Any suggestion will be appreciated but please try to keep them into the fluff of this list.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
very cool idea and love the fact that you are staying on fluff.
Also, welcome to the board, altough i notice that you joined in 2008 ???
About the marines, the only thing that is not daemonic...i'd suggest to replace them either with cultists (mad followerds of the ancient gods) or another big unit of possessed or a mixed bag:
20 cultists, (90)
5 Possessed, two boons of moot - ation (150)

You should not forget the poor Mutilator. Daemonic 2+, deepstriking? for a fluffly list it can be ok. so: 3 Mutilators, MoKhorne (180) and 1 Mutilator, MoKhorne (60)

I noticed this post only now, sorry for the long unanswered time :(

·
Registered
773 Posts
As Nef said, The army looks pretty solid, though with only 2 units of 5 troops it is a bit lacking on numbers. Remember as CS possessed classing as troops means you could have a 2nd squad of them to fill up the min requirement. Or as said a bunch of Cultists would fit nicely.
Biomancy is most defiantly worth it as something to make you insanely powerful with things like Iron Arm.
Also with the 2 Heldrakes (and maybe if you go for Nefs suggestion of Mutilators or Obliterators you could deepstrike) you might want to consider getting a fortification and comms relay to allow you to reroll failed reserves rolls. This should mean that both drakes show up (and any deep strikers) on turn 2 (89% chance each) or turn 3 (98% each).

·
Registered
990 Posts
Good list, not a million miles away from what I play.

The combat sorcerer is too expensive for a 2 wound model & frankly he's not very good (I've ran the exact same set up). I'd rather have a Nurgle Lord with Relentless Sword & the other goodies on a bike - T6 with a 2+/4++ and much better in combat. Whatever you take, him and the Possessed Sorcerer need Meltabombs, a single dread could lock them down all game. Also, drop the 5 man CSMs for 3x10 Cultists.

Hades Drake is better than the Bale Drake now IMO since the flamer has been nerfed. 4xS8 shots is decent against FMCs/Flyers, albeit BS3. Divination Havocks or Forgefiends are good anti-air too but I always bring a Hades Drake now.

Dallas

Edit: If you can squeeze Mark of Khorne & Icon onto the Possessed then do it, 4xS6 attacks hurts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts