Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The poisoned attacks special rule is ignored when using magical weapons, and only affects mundane weaponry. Therefore, what happens when a magical weapon used by a creature with the poisoned attacks rule is made mundane by the High Elf spell "Vaul's unmaking"? Would the creature gain the use of the poisoned attacks special rule?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I assume so. A magic bow becomes a normal bow, and as such may benefit from poison etc.

Not totally sure what this would apply to though, apart from maybe something in the Lizardmen Army Book?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes unless the poison is a part of the magic item, like the warriors of chaos's filth mace. then obviously the effect is lost.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I (think) you can give skaven poisoned attacks and subsequently a magic weapon, and therefore this problem could arise using started set contents, but I'll agree it is a bit far-fetched.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the skaven book (in the part about poisoned attacks), "This will affect a tail weapon, but not any magic weapons". However as far as I know you can give the model a magic weapon in addition, and it will simply mean that the poisoned attacks special rule is not used. Then if Vaul's Unmaking was used the weapon would become non-magical and the poisoned attacks special rule WOULD be used. Theoretically. I think.

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
l am not sure it all depends on how you got the poisoned attacks,

for example if you got it on your weapon when you went though a poison river or poison is a part of the magic item then yes l say it should lose poison but say he had a diffent way of putting on poison afterwards or always had it. (like the skaven should be fine)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts