Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 6057 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
This is the caliber of student I have to work with; "...is damaging to are country." Hmm, American education system at its finest!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
We've had to postpone the trip up north to see family due to me being really sick on the morning of the journey. . .:(

·
Registered
368 Posts
my best mate is threatening to top her self, my gfs dad died in a car crash, her unkle died last month and there has been a murder in my town. dust great.

·
For Da Boss
2,156 Posts
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam IRD sucks.

and this kid on my bus keeps flicking things at me. i mean, he only seems to have one freind, and his freinds a little smart arse that uses his sister for comebacks, but everyday on the bus, for about a month he kept flicking stuff at me with a pen gun. i asked him to stop, that didnt work. i said if you dont stop ill take that off you and throw it out the window. so i did. then he got another one and kept doing it, so yesterday, i was getting on the bus, as usual, and he just bowt got me in the eye. so i went up to him, shuved his ugly head into the seat, grabed his collar, and said in a rather ummmm strong tone, look mate do you want me to punch you pittiful [email protected]#$ing head in.
it was kinda funny cause im not the type of person that fights, oh, and he wasnt on the bus today, nither morning or afternoon.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I'm covered head to toe in primer. No, a can of GW primer didn't explode, I was help painting a church and the wind blew the ladder over and the whole bucket of paint happened to drop on my head. I'm pretty lucky I didn't get any primer in my eyes or mouth. Oh well haha, at least it gave everyone a good laugh. =)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
just don't get any on your keyboard, take a shower first. lol

CP
lol, that was few hours ago. yeah, i'm still plastered in paint though, it's primer, so it'll take a while to come off!

@Chocobuncle: Dude, me too, I'm 15 pounds over my weight class!! What about you? But summer is amazing for me lol, the beach is all I can do now!

·
For Da Boss
2,156 Posts
when you travel for 60 ks to your lfgs and they dont have anything you want
and then you buy the wash set because you have muny to spend on nothing else, and cant do anything with it because your waiting for models to come.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm getting sick and tired of people attributing skill to games of chance. It's called chance for a reason; like someone saying they are great at gambling. I see it in 40k all the time too, and it's irritating.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I noticed one of my two fish, Shimmer, wasn't acting as usual. Just sitting on the bottom of the tank, not really swimming about much, off his/her food. I then went to France on holiday.

When I came back, I found his/her condition to be much worse. He/She was all doubled up and looked really unhealthy. I looked up what could be wrong on t'interwebs, and all symptoms pointed to amonia posioning from poor water. That was impossible, because when I tested the water, there was no amonia at all. And if it was bad water, then the other fish, Flutter, would be in the same condition.

Shimmer died two days ago. :cray: I'm very sad.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I hate when people in the 20 items or less line have full carts, or two or three carts with 20 items in each, like they've invented some clever loophole. I just want to get out of the store already!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You know what I hate? Old people.

Maybe not all of them, but most of them. I hate old people who are so malcontent with their lives that they feel the need to become a complete ass to anyone around them, especially the younger crowd. Like my neighbor for instance. I was called a 'dirtball' because I didn't put my trashcans back behind the apartment building immediately after the trash truck left and because I have long hair. I was teetering between smashing him upside the head with a collapsible chair and plain out laughing in his face.

I also hate...trains. I hate trains. I live right next to a train track and it seems that a train has to go by blasting it's horn unnecessarily loud every 5 minutes. Always when I'm trying to sleep, trying to work on my books and always when I have a hangover. GGRAWRWAWRRRRRWRRR!!!!

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I also hate...trains. I hate trains. I live right next to a train track and it seems that a train has to go by blasting it's horn unnecessarily loud every 5 minutes. Always when I'm trying to sleep, trying to work on my books and always when I have a hangover. GGRAWRWAWRRRRRWRRR!!!!
That's kinda funny for me, cuz I remember back when I was a kid I used to be obsessed with trains. Like I would have to see a train every single day of my life. I begged my parents to move to somewhere where we'd be right next to the train tracks or right next to the train yard. Heck, I even dreamed of living in a caboose when I grew up. Haha, those were the good ol' days of being a train nut.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I get mildly annoyed when I post a point on a thread and it seems to be ignored. Then someone else comes in the thread and makes the same point and they get glorified for it. Feels like a kick to my egos balls.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I get mildly annoyed when I post a point on a thread and it seems to be ignored. Then someone else comes in the thread and makes the same point and they get glorified for it. Feels like a kick to my egos balls.

You should be like hey skanky hoe you copied (Then go ape shit all over them)

Then be like Whos you pimp now (then backhand them)

Thats how I do it :D

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I hate the people on Ebay who just DONT GET IT!

Your army may be RRP £500 in the shop, but .. its in little boxes, new and clean, unassembled - not mutilated (often called "converted" by those possessing no artistic skill) caked in thick paint and with bits missing.
Also - the army (RRP £500) below yours is up for much less, or you could just buy the individual models from people who know how to work ebay and they are half that price.

I hate people who stick huge reserves on and a buy it now and pay for the bold background - but completely fail to research exactly how much the particular model would normally go for.

And finally - "Pro Painted" - lets start by breaking this down:

pro (pr) Informal
n. pl. pros
1. A professional, especially in sports.
2. An expert in a field of endeavor.
and:

paint·ed (pntd)
adj.
1. Represented in paint.
a. Covered or decorated with paint.
b. Brightly colored; gaudy.
3. Excessively made up with cosmetics.
Indeed the later could be covered by a chimp with a paintbrush using the "covered" clause or the "brightly colored" part.
But if it really is PRO painted then it requires someone who is either so damned good they are considered an expert OR someone who is paid to do painting for income - your shitty paint daubed mess is not PRO and in lots of cases is arguablely not even painted, destroyed or wrecked is closer the mark.

IF you are one of these offenders - please learn to use ebay, or (on the painting clause) strip your models before listing them, there are guides here on Heresy to help you.

Rant over

:mad:*grumble**mumble**grrr*:mad:

1221 - 1240 of 6057 Posts