Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

5601 - 5620 of 6057 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
Me and the wife both got a bug, the battle of both ends has commenced, and naturally the kids are in absolute energy overdrive mode, they can smell my weakened state!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
(Saints trade Jimmy Graham)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Encountering my first ever Finecast models.
Bought some Tankbustas off eBay, and the disappointment I felt when I opened the box was palpable. They look "gritty" and most have some flaw or other. They also feel brittle, but are quite strong in reality, but they are going to need a lot of cleaning up before they get painted.
They just feel wrong, I have considered that they maybe recasts from China, but the seller seems legit. Mostly selling off non-game related household and art items, with the occasional boxed GW product.
I now appreciate the quality of the plastic models much more highly.

I will keep them, fix them up, paint and use them, but I doubt I'll buy anything "finecast" again.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
^ it is my experience that Finecast (while still commonly a disappointment) is not brittle or strong at all when cut into with a knife and chinese knockoffs are.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
They just feel wrong, I have considered that they maybe recasts from China, but the seller seems legit. Mostly selling off non-game related household and art items, with the occasional boxed GW product.
Most chinese recasters do a better job the GW does with finecast :p

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
My cunt of a sister has been setting up subscriptions buying things in my name. I've now gotta try and work out exactly what, cancel them, and sort it out.

Utter prick.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
My cunt of a sister has been setting up subscriptions buying things in my name. I've now gotta try and work out exactly what, cancel them, and sort it out.

Utter prick.

How lovely of her! Send her an invoice, make her pay for it, then tell her to fuck off.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Making up my mind to not buy anymore Orks until I have finished painting what I have, then buying 60 boyz so I can green tide at next weeks games club.
My poor brushes.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

Utter prick.
How lovely of her.

As already pointed out that is quite simply
Identity theft
and should be dealt with as such.
Inform her that you have had the bank freeze all outgoings from your bank and that you are taking the matter to the police to let them deal with it.
Enjoy the reaction :wink:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Cheers for the advice, lads.

Jim Carrey sums up the situation perfectly for me, here, I think.

Safe to say, that's a few more names scratched off of my Christmas list. :p

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
@dark angel dont forget to let all your friends and her friends and your famiky know, nothing worse than getting the knowing shake of the head followed by "sooo disapointed" from all your nearest and dearest

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Oh, rest assured, everyone knows how much of a lying, thieving bitch she is. All of the active accounts have been cancelled, now, thank fuck - The idea of my father and the law getting involved scared her and her boyfriend shitless, so hopefully, my credit rating hasn't dropped - If so, she's shot me right in the foot. Apparently all of the payments were made - I'm unsure how much of truth is in that, though.

Thanks for the help, lads. :good:

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Oh, rest assured, everyone knows how much of a lying, thieving bitch she is. All of the active accounts have been cancelled, now, thank fuck - The idea of my father and the law getting involved scared her and her boyfriend shitless, so hopefully, my credit rating hasn't dropped - If so, she's shot me right in the foot. Apparently all of the payments were made - I'm unsure how much of truth is in that, though.

Thanks for the help, lads. :good:
I'm sure if your bank is notified of the incident they should be able to sort any credit rating issues that are caused.

5601 - 5620 of 6057 Posts