Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

4721 - 4740 of 6057 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Slowly reaching the end of my tether. Stressed as fuck because of a stupid, immature little girl who can't get her head outta her own arse and get over the past. Always doing something wrong, I am. Day after fucking day.

Cunt.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You know what really pisses me off about 40k generally? Chainswords... The fluff, stories etc claim them to be the fearsome weapon of the astartes, but in fact they do as much damage as the same wielder with a small rock beating the opponent into slow submission.

They work great in the FF RPG games, but in games of 40k, theyre as much use as a sharpened pointy stick.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
You know what really pisses me off about 40k generally? Chainswords... The fluff, stories etc claim them to be the fearsome weapon of the astartes, but in fact they do as much damage as the same wielder with a small rock beating the opponent into slow submission.

They work great in the FF RPG games, but in games of 40k, theyre as much use as a sharpened pointy stick.
+1 to chain weapons: they should all be ap 4.
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Close Combat Weapon" bullshit that's going on in 40k right now. Chainswords deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine chainsword on Mars for 2,400,000 Thrones (that's about $9,001) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid plasteel with my chainsword.

Space Marine Artificers spend years working on a single chainsword and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Chainswords are thrice as sharp as power weapons and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a power sword can cut through, a chainsword can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a chainsword could easily bisect a Khorne Berzerker wearing Power Armor with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why Abaddon never bothered conquering Terra? That's right, he was too scared to fight the disciplined Space Marines and their chainswords of destruction. Even in the Horus Heresy, the Traitor Legions targeted the men with the chainswords first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Chainswords are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the 40k crunch. Here is the stat block I propose for Chainswords:

Range -, Str +2, AP 3, Melee, Fleshbane, Armorbane, Shred, Concussive

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Chainswords in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Chainswords need to do more damage in 40k, see my new stat block.

Disclaimer: The contents of this post are entirely satirical and in no way reflect the opinion of the poster himself.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Went to a different barber today, it was a guy. I got nothing against dudes who are barbers, I've just always preferred a lady to cut my hair. Well he was pretty aggressive with the clippers..."Hey you're just a bit rough with the clippers" "Oh I'm sorry, most guys I know like it rough"

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
So, my girlfriend of over a year has been cheating for the duration of our relationship together - It's safe to say that I am utterly devastated.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that dark angel. :(

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Thanks for the condolences, lads.

I'm in shock - I don't want to get revenge or anything, that's not who I am - I love her, so very much. And she claims to love me, but I don't understand how she can. I want her back, I'm at a complete loss as to what I should do.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well Bro. It's down to you.

BUT. I am some random guy on the web, this is my opionion.

I don't see how anyone who loves anyone could do that to them. It smacks of lies and cowardice, not willing to face up to the damage she has done to you by saying that.

If it was me I would never be able to trust her again, I could never believe her and never get the thoughts of what she has done out of my head.

It happened to me before so I know how you feel. I cut my losses and ran. The gym is always there for you. That's where I went. I saw that same chick a year or so later and I walked away the bigger man. (Literally lol)

It hurts and you want to believe its true and that some slaneshi thing got in her mind and made her do it but the bottom line is she used your trust, she betrayed you and deserves nothing less than your contempt.

Hard words I know. You are better that that. Plenty more trees in the woods buddy.

Stay happy.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
@dark angel, you're in a tough spot right now and I can totally understand why you feel that you should give it another chance - But trust me on this, if never anything else: Don't.

I forgave my ex after having cheated on my through 2 years. I believed that it was partially my fault, and that if I had done more, she wouldn't have done it. I loved her - I loved her oh so dearly. I couldn't fathom my life without her. I wanted to take the problem on my shoulders, if only it meant that I could hug her, kiss her and be with her again.

I wanted to leave it all behind and believe her when she said that she loved me. That she would never do it again. And I did. I truly did.

But it was always in the back of my mind. Whenever she wrote a text message, whenever she took the phone in the evenings, it reemerged. I didn't dare ask her or tell her, as I would seem like the evil boyfriend who wanted to control her - So I kept it inside. I stayed my course like this for months, just for the sake of peace and love in the relationship. A chance to return to how it once was.

4 months went by and I found out, by accident, that she had been unfaithful again. It was all a lie - I had worn myself down and taken the problem on me for nothing. If you can believe it, it was more devastating than the first time. It tore me to pieces.

Now I do believe it when she says that she loves you - But not enough to never do it again. If she can do it from the start and to the end, it's simply her nature. I know you don't want to hear it and ultimately it's up to you. But you have to decide if you go the same route that I did and never completely trust her again - If that is the case, you are missing the most important part of the triforce that is a relationship; Love, respect and, most importantly, trust.

You have my dearest condolences and if you wish to take this to the PM stage, do feel free and I will gladly talk about it. But listen to a like-minded scarred veteran; Don't take her back. You will only break yourself in the end by doing so.

I hope you feel better in the morning - Otherwise, I'm sure a lot of people here are here for you.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
@dark angel, you're in a tough spot right now and I can totally understand why you feel that you should give it another chance - But trust me on this, if never anything else: Don't.

I forgave my ex after having cheated on my through 2 years. I believed that it was partially my fault, and that if I had done more, she wouldn't have done it. I loved her - I loved her oh so dearly. I couldn't fathom my life without her. I wanted to take the problem on my shoulders, if only it meant that I could hug her, kiss her and be with her again.

I wanted to leave it all behind and believe her when she said that she loved me. That she would never do it again. And I did. I truly did.

But it was always in the back of my mind. Whenever she wrote a text message, whenever she took the phone in the evenings, it reemerged. I didn't dare ask her or tell her, as I would seem like the evil boyfriend who wanted to control her - So I kept it inside. I stayed my course like this for months, just for the sake of peace and love in the relationship. A chance to return to how it once was.

4 months went by and I found out, by accident, that she had been unfaithful again. It was all a lie - I had worn myself down and taken the problem on me for nothing. If you can believe it, it was more devastating than the first time. It tore me to pieces.

Now I do believe it when she says that she loves you - But not enough to never do it again. If she can do it from the start and to the end, it's simply her nature. I know you don't want to hear it and ultimately it's up to you. But you have to decide if you go the same route that I did and never completely trust her again - If that is the case, you are missing the most important part of the triforce that is a relationship; Love, respect and, most importantly, trust.

You have my dearest condolences and if you wish to take this to the PM stage, do feel free and I will gladly talk about it. But listen to a like-minded scarred veteran; Don't take her back. You will only break yourself in the end by doing so.

I hope you feel better in the morning - Otherwise, I'm sure a lot of people here are here for you.
Very well said, Nord. :drinks:

It's not worth the constant thoughts of "is she, isn't she?". Trust us mate, as hard as it may seem, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and then shoulders back and chin up. You're better than all of this. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
IMHO, venting can be useful (i.e. not totally pointless), but it's better if it leads to us figuring out if there were any mistakes/what they were/what caused them/etc and learn from it so that it hopefully doesn't mess us up (at least as much) again.

I'm not being cynical, glib or underestimating anyone's pain (although I will never know what it actually feels like), I'm trying to be supportive and help people move on (i.e. bad stuff happens, but it doesn't have to screw us up forever).

Hang in there, there's loads of good advice + support from the caring people here.

Reactions: dark angel

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks for the condolences, lads.

I'm in shock - I don't want to get revenge or anything, that's not who I am - I love her, so very much. And she claims to love me, but I don't understand how she can. I want her back, I'm at a complete loss as to what I should do.

I've been there many a time unfortunately - I've learnt that people don't change. They claim they can/will, but they don't. It's not their fault, it is a simple character flaw. The love she says she feels for you is (IMHO) affection and love of the stability you have provided in your time together, but to say it is 'love' is simply untrue - who could possibly do such a terrible thing to someone they truly love? And even if she does 'love' you, you are simply not right for each other as you hold different values, ie; you are hurt that she could do such a thing while she did it without TRULY giving it a good think.

Long and the short of it - if she did it once, she could do it again - you can never trust her as you once did. Someone who could cheat on their other half and keep it under wraps for so long does not DESERVE the trust that one places in them.

Be glad you found out, take your time and gradually pick yourself up and move on. Its the only thing to do.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Thanks, guys. I can't exactly turn to anyone else. My friends are unsympathetic; they all said that this would happen, or was happening. I disregarded everything that they said - Told 'em that she wasn't like that - How wrong was I.. And, I don't particularly want to get my family involved in my own business. So you're all I have.

I've been with her through everything, too. She was assaulted, I picked up the pieces. Her sister passed away, I held her. Her parents weren't supportive, I told her that she could do it. I've not been perfect to her - But I've been the best that I possibly could be, since we got together. And now it's all been thrown back in my face, and I feel like everything's falling down around me. She's my first real love, I'd do anything for her. I can't stop thinking about the things they said, did. It's keeping me awake, stressed and depressed.

Fuck my life.

4721 - 4740 of 6057 Posts