Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, this will be the first list i have ever made with any army in warhammer. I have not even read the rulebook. However, i do understand the game as i have the empire army book and have been watching youtube videos and reading white dwarf magazines. So if i make a stupid mistake, (which i probably will) just let me know. Thankyou

I wanted to go for a reikland army mainly. Any suggestions/improvements welcome

NOT SURE ABOUT MAGIC ITEMS AND BANNERS SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THESE

LORDS:

General of the empire on Imperial griffon 265 pts

Battle Wizard Lord lvl 4 heaven 200 pts

HEROES:

Captain of the empire (BSB) 85 pts

Battle Wizard lvl 1 (beasts) 65 pts

Warrior priest great weapon 70 pts

Warrior pries warhorse 77 pts

CORE:

40 halberdiers 240 pts (bsb goes here)
- 10 crossbowmen detachment 90 pts
- 10 crossbow,em detachment 90 pts

30 Swordsmen 210 pts
- 10 spearmen detachment 50 pts

SPECIAL:

20 Greatswords 220 pts (warrior priest goes here)

19 Reiksguard 511 pts (warrior priest goes here)

RARE:

Great cannon 120 pts

Great cannon 120 pts

2415 pts i have no idea about items. If i need to drop something please tell me

Pls help. Probably the worst list you have ever seen right? That's why i need help. Especially with items and that sort.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can only have up to 25% of your points allocated to Lords (625) currently you are 785. So unless I'm missing something or have misread the rules myself this list is currently illegal.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Hi all, this will be the first list i have ever made with any army in warhammer. I have not even read the rulebook. However, i do understand the game as i have the empire army book and have been watching youtube videos and reading white dwarf magazines. So if i make a stupid mistake, (which i probably will) just let me know. Thankyou
Hey, no pressure mate. I don't play empire but lets take a look.

I wanted to go for a reikland army mainly. Any suggestions/improvements welcome
(really want to use griffon)
Well this is awkward.

From a competitive standpoint, you should not take both... Not at this point level. As stated, you're over on your lords allocation, and the lv4 wizard is pretty key in the current meta. I don't know what either do, but I suggest dropping one of the two.

Battle Wizard lvl 1 (lore?) 65 pts
I would look at this for lores. For the lv4 too. I'm curious, why light?

Question, what does the priest do? As I said, I don't play empire, and I also don't often play against them.

Seems like a pretty solid list - tons of infantry blocks, some decent shooting... The thing I would suggest is some cannons to take out high toughness targets - maybe use the points from your lost lord.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I think i am going to take out Kurt helborg and make the general my army leader. Any ideas what to equip him with. Something for taking out monsters or war machines maybe?

I looked at the lore list and decided to take the lore of heavens for my lord because i think it will help my particular force. And i will be mostly playing dwarfs, high elves, and dark elves so getting rid of those flyers and artillery will be helpful.

On my lvl 1 wizard i will use beasts because it helps a more combat based army. It is also a strong secondary lore.

I have now got a new warrior priest to go with the reiksguard and he's on a warhorse.

New list is 2388 pts pls help with all items and magic items and banners and the like. Thank you

·
Registered
992 Posts
Anyone have suggestions about magical weapons for heroes and items for normal units?
Empire characters are not as killy as other armies, so often I focus on making them survivable. Mounted Heroes can easily get 1+ armor with no magic and foot characters can often sport a 4+. Therefore, items that improve the reliability of those saves or lower them further are important. The Dawnstone, Enchanted Shield, Dragonslayer helm, Luckstone, any ward saves, the White Cloak of Ulric, and Skavenslayer helm are all highly recommended. These can get your characters 1+ or 2+ re-rollable saves with a decent ward save, makes them hard to kill.

As for killing power...I have not really found a set of magic weapons I really like. The runefang is one of the best magic weapons in the game (autowound, no armor save), but you pay for it leaving little else for other magic. This weapon is best wielded by a Grand Master (who is the killiest character we have in the Empire book). The only other weapons that I feel have potential are any of the ST boosting weapons, they will help crack other heavily armored or tough characters. Initiative or WS boosting weapons are not great for Empire (elves will still go before you and Warriors are still more skilled), also don't overlook the 5pt magic weapons if you just need Magic to deal with Ethereal (they also can help in a protracted character fight).

Finally, I always recommend taking a dispel scroll in a good take all comers list the only time it hurts you is if you always play dwarves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry its so late (really late) but i appreciate the post.

And yeah i'll definitely be playing dwarves as well as dark elves and high elves so...

I actuallly was sort of looking for a killy empire lord but if it can't happen, it can't happen.

Thanks anyway, any suggestions for the rest of the list?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts