Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (I did search on Vulkan but couldn't find this specific question answered).

We see in Vulkan lives that his hammer has a built in teleporter. Why the **** doesn't he use it on Istvaan V when all his marines were dead and he was fighting along, prior to being knocked unconscious? If I was facing thousands of enemies I'd had teleported out of there once I knew all my marines were dead. After all he could have teleported to Nocturne, maybe even to Terra to warn the Emperor and use his skills to aid the defence of Terra?

Kind of a big oversight?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before (I did search on Vulkan but couldn't find this specific question answered).

We see in Vulkan lives that his hammer has a built in teleporter. Why the **** doesn't he use it on Istvaan V when all his marines were dead and he was fighting along, prior to being knocked unconscious? If I was facing thousands of enemies I'd had teleported out of there once I knew all my marines were dead. After all he could have teleported to Nocturne, maybe even to Terra to warn the Emperor and use his skills to aid the defence of Terra?

Kind of a big oversight?
Nope.

Two reasons.

The teleporter when used put him into macragges atmosphere.

When he had the chance the use the hammer on isstivan he didn't know he was perpetual. All he knew is that he was tough enough to survive a nuke. It was only after kurze started on him did he realize he'd regenerate all the time.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope.

Two reasons.

The teleporter when used put him into macragges atmosphere.

When he had the chance the use the hammer on isstivan he didn't know he was perpetual. All he knew is that he was tough enough to survive a nuke. It was only after kurze started on him did he realize he'd regenerate all the time.
I know it put him into Macragge's atmosphere but considering he teleported over halfway across the galaxy (if my astrology is correct - sorry if not), a minor error in it's destination is forgivable. Considering Vulkan built it I'm assuming he'd have had the co-ordinates of Nocturne/Prometheus programmed in as "Home".

I still don't think it still doesn't explain why he didn't try to use it when all was lost and he was alone? I'm not sure he was the stand and die type, more of a practical "I can't achieve anything more here so I'll escape" type like Corax.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I know it put him into Macragge's atmosphere but considering he teleported over halfway across the galaxy (if my astrology is correct - sorry if not), a minor error in it's destination is forgivable. Considering Vulkan built it I'm assuming he'd have had the co-ordinates of Nocturne/Prometheus programmed in as "Home".

I still don't think it still doesn't explain why he didn't try to use it when all was lost and he was alone? I'm not sure he was the stand and die type, more of a practical "I can't achieve anything more here so I'll escape" type like Corax.
Given the reliability of teleporters chances are the only place he would have been assured to survive the teleport would have been somewhere on isstivan.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Given the reliability of teleporters chances are the only place he would have been assured to survive the teleport would have been somewhere on isstivan.
Hmm, I'm not sure I'd agree considering that Vulkan was a genius when it came to constructing technological items. Normal teleporters can teleport from orbit so I'd think Vulkan's custom teleporter which being as powerful as we know it was, would have a far greater range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far the question why he didn't just teleport out when on Istvann V, he had just seen a bunch of his sons die and wasn't exactly in his right state of mind. I doubt it was a "heroic last stand" type of thing and more a mindless rage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts