Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wondering if anyone can recommend any 40k novels that have come out in the last year. Just read path of the archon and really enjoyed. I prefer a full novel to all the novellas that have come out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok, good books I've read that came out last year:

Really good:
Fire Cast
Deathwatch
Ahriman: Exile

Good:
Lords of Mars (If you read and enjoyed Priests of Mars)
Baneblade
Death of Integrity

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hi wondering if anyone can recommend any 40k novels that have come out in the last year. Just read path of the archon and really enjoyed. I prefer a full novel to all the novellas that have come out.
By 40K do you mean 40K only or is Horus Heresy included?

I'd recommend Scars for the HH. As for 40K, I really enjoyed Pariah by Dan Abnett

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi thanks fot your replies. Ive read all the horus heresy books and am about to start listening to them in audio form as bought the big collection at christmas. I was looking for one or two more 40k specific books before i comitted fully.

Fire caste looks good ill go with that.

I have both lords and preists of mars but was waiting for the third one before starting.Same with Pariah waiting for all three though loooks like that could be a long wait

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Regarding Pariah, have you read the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies? If not I would really recommend reading them as otherwise the Bequin trilogy isn't going to be as fulfilling as it could be.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I presume you're a fan of the Dark Eldar/Eldar races, then?

I can't recommend Eldar Prophecy by C. S. Goto enough.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Fire Caste was superb a real surprise
Imperial Glory one of the best imperial guard novels
Cadian Blood another good imperial guard novel
The Ciaphas Cain novels are brilliant

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies just read fire caste enjoyed but grim to say the least. Looking for something a bit more lighthearted now..
My favourite novels have been
The Emperor's Gift
Night Lords (Novel Series)
Word Bearers (Novel Series)
Ultramarines (Novel Series)
Ciaphas Cain (Novel Series)
Cadian Blood
Yarrick chains golgotha

Would anyone recommend these?
The Macharian Crusade
Baneblade
Straken
Imperial Glory
Commisaar
Yarrick: Imperial Creed (how does this tie in with chains golgotha)
Relentless
Imperial Glory

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Would anyone recommend these?
The Macharian Crusade (No)
Baneblade (Yes)
Straken (Yes)
Imperial Glory (Never read it)
Commissar (...I guess so, it's ok)
Yarrick: Imperial Creed (Same as Commissar)
Relentless (Never read it)
My thoughts above.

LotN

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm reading Imperial Glory now.
It's glorious - awesome characters and story. More i read, more it impresses me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Imperial Guard Omnibus, Space wolves Omnibes, Eisenhorn, Ravenor, First Heretic, Thousand Sons, Galaxy in Flames, Betrayer, False Gods, Fear to Thread and so on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm reading Imperial Glory now.
It's glorious - awesome characters and story. More i read, more it impresses me.
It's a brilliant read really enjoyed one of the best Imperial Guard novels. The author said on his Facebook page he was going to write a short based on the same characters. It was either going to be set during or before the story I can't remember which off hand.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone really appreciate your replies.

Its my birthday later this month so a little extra cash could anyone tell me there opinions on these war hammer fantasy novels. Haven't read any for awhile but my favorite ones have been valkia,blackhearts,swords of the emperor also enjoyed everything by c l werner.

The Ambassador Chronicles

Neferata (Didnt like Nagash series)

The Claws of Chaos
The Blades of Chaos
The Heart of Chaos

Orion Trilogy

Malus Darkblade

Headtaker

van Horstmann

Thorgrim

Ghoul King part

1 - 19 of 19 Posts