Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this miniature from eBay in a bundle of painted miniatures. Can anyone tell me what it is?

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Looks custom to me. Is it all plastic?

Too bad it's covered in inch thick paint.
This is why my converted models are all unpainted...I'm afraid of fucking them up like this one

·
Registered
151 Posts
i'm fairly certain that's custom as well... looks like a Fantasy Empire shield he has there, the chest plate is a normal marine one, and that spear looks a little jagged, mayb an ork fantasy one..... no promises though

·
Registered
517 Posts
Doesn't asnwer to the description of any existing chapter as far a sI know. Must be a custom one, yes.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Looks like a normal plastic SM, with a WHFB Empire shield and Lizardman spear to me, but that's just a guess.

Maybe give him a bolt pistol and use him as a company champion (or vet serge with power weapon)? (Alternatively, pull his arms off and give him something from your bits box...)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah tomb kings shield, spear fantasy aswell as its to fat the be 40k.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
maybe a sgt or a veteran could be a poorly converted grey knight

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
maybe a sgt or a veteran could be a poorly converted grey knight
Doubtful, as it's green and yellow. I'd just go with a cool conversion for a DiY chapter. Ironically, those are the colours of my first custom made chapter. (saw it and I thought "Nova Hawks!!!") Only ever painted up one marine like it though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all for the exhaustive answer, you guys are great and I appreciate it. After stripping, modifying the shield to be a Combat Shield, and spraying, I may either paint it as a Salamander with Power Spear or as an Imperial Fists.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts