Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make 3-4 Chimera in a similar fashion as the one below. Does anyone know how it was done or what kit was used? Is it FW, kit bash or costume? Thanks.

For reference, here's a different Chimera/Predator, but they kept the original Chimera top panel.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Its an easy but expensive kit bash, using the parts maximus above pointed out. To get the parts needed you would be looking at about double the price of a chimera, that said it would make a excellent Leman Russ alternate , because the actual Leman russ looks poo poo

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
There's also a FW conversion piece in there that you get with the Hydra and their old manticore, which melds the top of the chassis into a flat surface with a pivot point for the turret.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I figured. The flat top plate would mean that I would also need a new or costume rear door/hatch. I may have to figure something else to do.

@B&K: I went to you site but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Do you have the Chimera/Basilisk track covers?

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
That's what I figured. The flat top plate would mean that I would also need a new or costume rear door/hatch. I may have to figure something else to do.

@B&K: I went to you site but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Do you have the Chimera/Basilisk track covers?
They are out of stock , they are in the imperial tank sprue section of my site, sadly the sprue is rare these days and direct only which means I get them very rarely these days.
Like I say its a pricey conversion, those track covers are pretty easy to make with plasticard and that would be much cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.