1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ: 265
Abaddon (warlord - in spartan)

Troops: 315
10 CSM, 2x Melta, Power Axe Champion, Gift of Mutation, VotLW, Rhino, Dirge Casters
10 Cultists (in bastion)
10 Cultists (in reserve)

Fast Attack: 410
2x Hell Blade, Helstorm Autocannons
5 Chaos Spawn, MoN (in spartan)

Heavy Support: 765
2x Fire Raptors, Reaper Batteries, Balefire Incendiary Missiles, Warpflame Gargoyles
Spartan Assault Tank, 2x Quad Lascannons, Reaper Autocannon, Extra Armour, Armoured Ceramite

Fotification: 95
Bastion, Comms Relay

The list is a little light on troops - I confess - but it is very strong on dakka. It has AA, AT, AI and a beatstick cc squad in Abaddon and Spawn.

The only way I see of giving up first blood is the rhino - and that can come from reserve or be hidden well. Turn two can get very messy for my opponent.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Mmmmm that's a deliciously large number of Forgeworld fliers. Come play me sometime, my fliers need a good dogfight!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sorry to tell you, but if you look in the BRB under Transports / Transport Capacity it says you can only carry "a single Infantry unit and/or any number of Independent Characters (as long as they are also Infantry), up to a total number of models equal to the vehicle’s Transport Capacity."

&

"Only Infantry models can embark upon Transports (this does not include Jump or Jet Pack Infantry), unless specifically stated otherwise."

So no spawns in land raiders, as they are beasts.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
The only way I see of giving up first blood is the rhino - and that can come from reserve or be hidden well. Turn two can get very messy for my opponent.
Or find the points for maelstrom raider and have it out-flank! yes its allot of points.. but its quite fun.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
HQ: 230
Typhus (warlord - in spartan)

Troops: 415
10 CSM, 2x Melta, Power Fist Champion, Dreadclaw
20 Plague Zombies (in spartan)
10 Plague Zombies (in bastion)

Fast Attack: 345

3x Hell Blade, Helstorm Autocannons

Heavy Support: 765
2x Fire Raptors, Reaper Batteries, Balefire Incendiary Missiles, Warpflame Gargoyles
Spartan Assault Tank, 2x Quad Lascannons, Reaper Autocannon, Extra Armour, Armoured Ceramite

Fortification: 95
Bastion, Comms Relay

So this changes the function a little - I still have my cc unit but now five flyers and my spartan. Typhus and zombies , of course , are not as deadly as Abaddon and spawn but still - they should hold their own.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The list is a little light on troops - I confess - but it is very strong on dakka. It has AA, AT, AI and a beatstick cc squad in Abaddon and Spawn.
Yes, if your going to be fielding Abaddon I would suggest some more CSM. I see you are buffering everything on your trops. Why not take some points out of juicing your heavy machinces and add an other squad of CSM. Don't get me wrong looks BA your army list just think to many eggs in one basket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts