8 berserkers - champ w/ pf

land raider - dp, combimelta

fun for all.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
pretty intimidating, and looks fun.

not much to say on this list. obviously it's Chaos LR spam.

good hunting.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of "wasted" points on mark of khorne for fluff, but it is pretty killy. I win 2 out of 3 games with 2 troops at 2k, so I am happy with it. My opponents enjoy going after my troops while I try to smash face. It could be better, but I am not sure it could be more fun to play.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

The key word here is: 'fun to play'. Too many players are concerned with having a 20 win streak, and if that falls a little short, then the game is no longer 'enjoyable'. Good to see that fun is still viable.
I agree with the Icons on the termies are pricey(for 3 terminators, upgrading all to Champs costs the same as IoK). With that in mind, dropping the daemonic possession from all Land Raiders, would give 1 more terminator with a powerfist( and make the IoK a 'cheaper' option than giving all terminators Champion status, while of course keeping it all fluffy, Blood For The Blood God!!).
And finally: playing for a 'change?' Are you kidding me! Sounds more like the realm of sorcerors and their patron Tzeentch! You play Khorne so you can slay all, to spill rivers of blood and collect skulls! Now repeat after me: 'Blood for the Blood God!! C'mon louder! Say it like you got a pair!
Ok, I got a little carried away. So what, it was fun wasn't it.

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hail,

The key word here is: 'fun to play'. Too many players are concerned with having a 20 win streak, and if that falls a little short, then the game is no longer 'enjoyable'. Good to see that fun is still viable.
I agree with the Icons on the termies are pricey(for 3 terminators, upgrading all to Champs costs the same as IoK). With that in mind, dropping the daemonic possession from all Land Raiders, would give 1 more terminator with a powerfist( and make the IoK a 'cheaper' option than giving all terminators Champion status, while of course keeping it all fluffy, Blood For The Blood God!!).
And finally: playing for a 'change?' Are you kidding me! Sounds more like the realm of sorcerors and their patron Tzeentch! You play Khorne so you can slay all, to spill rivers of blood and collect skulls! Now repeat after me: 'Blood for the Blood God!! C'mon louder! Say it like you got a pair!
Ok, I got a little carried away. So what, it was fun wasn't it.

BFTBG!!

World Eater
i think if naything he would be better off dropping the MoK Deamonprince then either buffing up his Termies or adding a Lord with Blood Feeder (nomnomnom)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

Yes the Lord with BloodFeeder is also a 'fun' choice. Good job Flame80010.:eek:k:

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hail,

Yes the Lord with BloodFeeder is also a 'fun' choice. Good job Flame80010.:eek:k:

BFTBG!!

World Eater
dam stright :biggrin:

blood feeders are ftw

when you have a lord who ones every so offen pops 17 S4 Armor negating attacks :3 your opponant will cry blood

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

·
Registered
398 Posts
dam stright :biggrin:

blood feeders are ftw

when you have a lord who ones every so offen pops 17 S4 Armor negating attacks :3 your opponant will cry blood

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
:victory: The blood feeder is spreading! haha it might be coincidence that i brought this up last time we both were on a thread flame :b.

But dropping the Prince and taking the lord allows you to upgrade the termies to single lcs, which are worth the points, and the lord can do more damage then the mok prince because he is able to accompany your zerkers as your rip your opponent apart

the only problem is there might be overkill. with him and 8 bezerkers they'll probably slaughter any squad they charge save TH/SS termies, and well while it is very Khorny, it leads to getting shot in the face but idk that might be why you have a land raider to draw some of that fire

·
Registered
496 Posts
:victory: The blood feeder is spreading! haha it might be coincidence that i brought this up last time we both were on a thread flame :b.

But dropping the Prince and taking the lord allows you to upgrade the termies to single lcs, which are worth the points, and the lord can do more damage then the mok prince because he is able to accompany your zerkers as your rip your opponent apart

the only problem is there might be overkill. with him and 8 bezerkers they'll probably slaughter any squad they charge save TH/SS termies, and well while it is very Khorny, it leads to getting shot in the face but idk that might be why you have a land raider to draw some of that fire
nah i was raving about it a few weeks ago but then i kinda didnt post for a week or somthing and now im kinda getting back into it

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
If your looking for 40 points, drop a S/c with P/f for Kharn's squad, Kharn will just kill them all anyway.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
398 Posts
nah i was raving about it a few weeks ago but then i kinda didnt post for a week or somthing and now im kinda getting back into it
:thank_you: It's all good, because i seriously believe that this combo is way underrated and overlooked, sure you have a greater chance to hit your self, but more often then not he turns into a 1 man killing machine

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some games in and made a few changes:

Kharn
Lord, MoK, Blood Feeder, icon
Greater Daemon

5 terminators - MoK, 3 x combimelta, 2 x chainfist, land raider with dp and combimelta

8 berserkers - champ, icon
8 berserkers - champ w/ pf, icon
16 lesser daemons

Lost a land raider, but it actually played better like this. I had a dread, then 2, but they were just sucking up all of the S8 shots - no rhinos - so I decided AV14 or nothing.

I will run 3 or 4 more games and see if it maintains the punch and resilience...

In my 3rd game vs smurfs, the Lord and his berserkers got charged by a squad of hammernators. I don't know why he did it, but I rolled 10 extra attacks and he had 1 termy left to swing. Finished him and charged a tac squad. Killed myself in that combat. :) 3 turns of 1s. He is so fun to play, thanks for reminding me about him.

·
Registered
398 Posts
In my 3rd game vs smurfs, the Lord and his berserkers got charged by a squad of hammernators. I don't know why he did it, but I rolled 10 extra attacks and he had 1 termy left to swing. Finished him and charged a tac squad. Killed myself in that combat. :) 3 turns of 1s. He is so fun to play, thanks for reminding me about him.
:laugh: good job, the blood feeder does that, but look at the points behind it, that 145 point lord ate a 200 point termie squad that normally is hard to kill, and then killed himself in melee with tac marines. just remember one thing, The blood god does not care whose blood is spilled, just that there is blood.

But one another note, kharn is a risky character to run i mean his stats are great and hitting on a 2+ is really nice, but he really should only be accompanied by cheap units because he has a nasty habit of beheading his entourage but then again, what is the fun of chaos if you play with out taking risks plus its very fluffy that he would be with berserker so i have to say nice list, but maybe another scoring unit would be nice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts