Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy uses an army based around kharn, abbadon, and ahriman. he runs around 15 zerkers, 15 t-sons, 20 black legion, a rhino, LR, and Defiler.

what is the best advice i can get to beat him with crons? haha. he says he hasnt lost yet. i want to be able to be the first of his friends to beat him down. though it wont be easy im sure.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
monolith spam his list cant handle the armor 14 living metal tank. take a bunch of destroyers pop his light armor and rhinos and get those zerkers on foot. then take care of abbadon with a nightbringer i love abbadon and he is one of the hqs i think has a chance of killing the nightbringer but night bringer has the warscythe which allows no saves at all. but abbadon has like 5 attacks on the charge +D6 with re rolls to wound. he is I5 too S8. so that might be suicide for the night bringer.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
monolith spam his list cant handle the armor 14 living metal tank. take a bunch of destroyers pop his light armor and rhinos and get those zerkers on foot. then take care of abbadon with a nightbringer i love abbadon and he is one of the hqs i think has a chance of killing the nightbringer but night bringer has the warscythe which allows no saves at all. but abbadon has like 5 attacks on the charge +D6 with re rolls to wound. he is I5 too S8. so that might be suicide for the night bringer.
Do not do this. ^

Instead knock out his transport vehicles with Heavy Destroyers so that he has to walk. Shoot up the Berserkers and "Black Legion" with normal Destroyers and Warriors. The Thousand Sons can likely be more or less safely ignored despite their AP3 bolters if you use cover in addition to We'll Be Back!.

As for Abaddon, Kharn and Ahriman he's only able to use two of those characters in a single game, so in all likelihood he'll choose Abaddon and Kharn and try to assault you. As long as they're walking it should be easy to destroy their accompanying units and then avoid the characters until you're ready to deal with them. Kharn can be shot down easily enough with massed firepower but Abaddon is a different story - if you end up needing to kill him you'll only do it by pouring all kinds of different firepower into him. Small arms and heavy weapons both need to be directed his way to have a chance of bringing him down. Whatever you do do not let him or Kharn get into combat with you as they'll eat absolutely everything the Necrons can field bar C'tan.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Destroyer spam with a monolith and the nightbringer. Destroyers are powerfull enough to destroy the rhino(s) with weight of fire. It would help to know what points you are using as this will effect which characters he can afford to use as 275 is a big point sink in 1500pts. As long as you knock out his transports then he's buggered. Put your warriors in a big group to 'bait' the characters to come to you then use as many gauss cannons and flayers as you can get your hands on. Stay away from abby as he is I6 T5 just spam shots at him and his squad but either abby kills the nightbringer or the nightbringer kills abby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts