1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
1 give them some big guns and watch the fire power

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
They are incredibly tough marines that can load up for any purpose... they dont do long range tradeoffs well so give them a rhino and send them into short range. Plasmaguns, meltaguns, powerfists etc mean you can counter heavy infantry and tanks, or just use your bolt guns or increased T to wade through lesser enemies. They might not be as good in combat as berzerkers, have the fun anti-MEQ weapons of 1k sons or the dakkage of noise marines.. but I recon they are by far the most versatile: able to do pretty much anything the other cult troops can do.

·
Registered
324 Posts
give them 2 meltas, make them a small squad, DON'T give them a power fist. use them to melta stuff and sit on objectives. You don't need tons of complex tactics to make a unit useful, some units are meant to be one trick ponies.

·
Registered
390 Posts
They do exactly the same job as vannila csm only better as they survive long enough to do it:p

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are also perfect for covering flank positions. Forty Three is right, don't use points giving them close combat gear, get them a couple of meltas or something like that and let something get in that 18 inch range.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have to disagree with people who say dont use PFs. At some point, something big and scary (Dread, MC, Ect) is probably going to charge them. When that happens, they'll need that extra kick to avoid being annihilated by an enemy that spits on their silly T5/FnP.
The last thing you want is your epic objective holders being swept off the board by a angry Dread who they have no hope of hurting.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to disagree with people who say dont use PFs. At some point, something big and scary (Dread, MC, Ect) is probably going to charge them. When that happens, they'll need that extra kick to avoid being annihilated by an enemy that spits on their silly T5/FnP.
The last thing you want is your epic objective holders being swept off the board by a angry Dread who they have no hope of hurting.
so would I outfit them along the lines of a melta and a PF so they are bassicly take all comers?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I usually do melta and fist with my plague marines. Plasma is particularly nice for them just because they have the armor and FNP in case it really does overheat, but I really do prefer meltaguns even without that just so they can take all comers.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Melta is better vs vehicles, but Plasma is better vs Infantry/MCs, so its really a matter of what you think you need. I personally run Plasma with them, but melta may be better depending on your opponent.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Not that I've never done it but I hate sticking my plague marines in cover! I know all plague marines aren't death guard but it feels criminal just to hunker down and hold! My favourite tactic is to take them forward (up the middle if I'm feeling particularly ballsy) Jump the buggers out of their rhino when in close range and move up rapid firing bolters and plasma and when in close enough bolt pistol and charge! And always take PF's!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts