Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the correct thickness plasticard that will match up to a rhino model. Is it .5mm or 1.mm, or a mix of both?
I am designing up a couple of wrecked rhino terrain pieces and would like them to match up as close as possible to the sizes of the actual model pieces.

Thanks in advance. :eek:k:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
1.mm is the inside hull thickness and the main body thickness. the .5mm is used for over lay parts on the outside of the hull but you could use 1. mm and most people won't notice the difference.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Cutting 1mm is an absolute bastard - when I'm doing stuff I tend to use 0.75 or 0.5mm stuff, but that's a personal taste thing.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I tend to use a much heavier razor bladed knife when cutting thick platicard (such as a stanley knife), instead of the normal scalpel style blades. Tends to be a lot safer.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cutting 1mm is an absolute bastard - when I'm doing stuff I tend to use 0.75 or 0.5mm stuff, but that's a personal taste thing.
What do you guys use for cutting 1.0mm and thicker plasticard? I find that scoring and snapping the card along the lines becomes impractical for small shapes, so I use the scoring knife itself to scrape out the shape from the card.

It really wears down the blade, but it's the only way I know how to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts