Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
if they are indeed releasing a plastic Thunderhawk, I may pick one up...unless the price is comparable to FW...then I would just drop the money to get the FW one. Either way, hoping it will only cost a reasonable amount...cant wait for it to come out though.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
if they are indeed releasing a plastic Thunderhawk, I may pick one up...unless the price is comparable to FW...then I would just drop the money to get the FW one. Either way, hoping it will only cost a reasonable amount...cant wait for it to come out though.
I'd still get the plastic then, less of a chance of warping or being too heavy to stay upright properly....generally a better deal typically.

That said I'm not sold on this being a Plastic Thunderhawk just yet. Forgeworld stuff has popped up in GW battle reports since the reboot and even some of the pictures, it's only a matter of time before we see them teasing use with them in the Parting Shot.

I'm not saying it's not a Plastic Thunderhawk, I'm just not putting all my hopes into a picture GW is using to cocktease my wallet.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Comparing to the FW, one.. the only differences I can spot are that theres a few less details, and the cannon muzzle is a different design... However.. that's not enough to go on to say this is a plastic Thunderhawk... fingers crossed though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
* ^ damn ninja's

As far as i can tell, just briefly looking over that pic and ones on forge world's site, that
IMO its not a plastic kit, it's a resin forge world model. the details are just to close to the forge world model for this to be a new kit.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Looks like the same one from that previous WD with some touched up paint. A bit disappointing but good to get this solved.
Not to overtly contradict, but, until the WD is in my hand I'm not calling this solved. But, I guess I'll have to wait for the May WD.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I hate you damned nay-sayers!

Let it be! Ouh please let it be a plastic Thunderhawk!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
At last years gamesday this question was put to a couple of the design team and the answer was a clear no, I'm sure it was mentioned on here.
Plus it does look exactly like the FW one.

It's hardly definitive but I doubt we'll see a plastic thunderhawk just yet

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
At last years gamesday this question was put to a couple of the design team and the answer was a clear no, I'm sure it was mentioned on here.
Plus it does look exactly like the FW one.

It's hardly definitive but I doubt we'll see a plastic thunderhawk just yet
Were on a design team and ask a question about a specific product before its release date, I would say 'no' as well.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well for looking exactly the same the top cannon doesn't seem to be on the one they sell. Proportions at a glance also seem slightly off somehow. Not that I could see any real point in a plastic kit. Would be cheaper, but the game really never seemed designed to handle something like that being playable real well. Mechwarrior had a similar issue when they made a Dropship for that. It had stats. Just didn't really fit in otherwise.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
If it is a plastic Thawk, I'll buy at least 2 even if they are really weak in game for their cost as they stand

I think its time for GW to do another bunch of apocalypse related stuff, maybe a rerelease/ rules clarification for 6th ed. Lets be honest we never thought we'd see a plastic baneblade or ever see a stompa

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I have held off buying a flyer so far, partly because there's no slot for them in the SW codex, partly because they just seem too damn expensive. However, if there's a plastic thunderhawk, I will be jumping on that like fleas on a stray dog.

That picture could simply mean that the battle report next month is just an all flyer affair though. Which is the most likely option I think.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts