Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because paying AU$41 for each lictor is a joke, and come the Apocalypse (games) I intend to run more than a few of these buggers around just... because I can.

Trial run for the first three, using the large scything talons and rending claws that used to come on the old tyranid monster sprue in warrior box sets. The carapace on the heads is carved down, and greenstuff tendrils were sculpted onto its face. Not a bad first go, I'm hoping when I try this with the new kit it might be a bit more versatile.

Some repositioning was required to get two of them to stand more upright and to curve the scything talon arms a bit closer.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I guess they're based loosely off the old design of lictor, but that still works fine by me. :)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Looking good Serpion.

The new plastic warrior kit is pretty much the same as the old one, just with some extra weapons & biomorphs added. It does include some bitchin' rending claws though, which would look awesome on a lictor.

Were they based off of this guy by any chance?

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, no, I was not quite that ambitious and reasoned I would need to be able to do somewhere close to nine of these. :wink:

And I am familiar with the new kit, however I would rather use the large rending claws than the new smaller ones. It just suits the lictor better, especially since it has +2 strength stat over the warriors themselves.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Good work there. I made something similar myself once. I used the genestealer gribly head for the face tendrils and a spikey bit from the carnifex sprue for the tail spike. Adding a tail stinger type thing will make them more lictor and less warrior.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good work there. I made something similar myself once. I used the genestealer gribly head for the face tendrils and a spikey bit from the carnifex sprue for the tail spike. Adding a tail stinger type thing will make them more lictor and less warrior.
Aye, that is still an option at this stage. If I can dig out some that I like I probably will, but I don't consider it essential. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts