Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Saturday, the 9th, will apparantly see the long awaited release of plastic Horus Heresy kits. This report comes from Bell of Lost Souls;

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/07/40k-horus-heresy-plastic-boxes-at-last.html

BoLS said:
Plastic Heresy marines are up for pre order on July the 9th. These are the sprues from BaC repackaged in individual boxes as was rumoured some time ago.

Mark IV Space Marines £ 30.00 / € 39.00
Cataphractii Terminators £ 40.00 / € 52.00
Contemptor Dreadnought 35.00 / € 46.00
Space Marines Heroes £ 30.00 / € 39.00
Not too bad in my opinion. We knew they'd be more than the 40k equivalents, but overall it isn't too bad. But admittedly buying them in bulk still isn't really worthwhile over just buying BaC again, which you can get for cheaper than three boxes of MK IV Marines. But if, like me, you just want one box of MK IVs and one box of Cataphractii, then you can finally get ahold of them.

LotN

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Finally GW noticed that they can make more money by selling the singular kits that make their silly board games :D

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
@ntaw , ahh I see - still the price for the terminators & contemptor dread are roughly the same price as a box of terminators/dread for now; but I do see what you mean for all the whole set.

Good thing that I am not interested in getting the whole set, however I think I might be interested in getting a 2nd contemptor dread to go with my FW one.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
GW: "Hey loyal wallets -er- fans! I know we released this as an amazing deal initially, but here's your chance to spend double your money to get just what you want! No more having to talk to people and split up the contents of BaC, no more selling things off online and basically getting what you want for free. Who has time for that? Money. Give it to us. What do you really need it for if not to sate your plastic crack addiction?"

...just so you know guys: I'm joking. I believe what I just typed, but it is meant to be a humorous way of putting it. Just compare the cost and contents of the Catawhatverti Terminators and the Deathwing box.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Considering these are plastic versions of their FW range, they have to be careful not to cannibalize FW. There was probably a lot of thought put in to how to approach selling these kits individually.
So long as they keep the plastics generic, they should protect FW sales pretty well. If anything they'll up their FW sales on things like shoulder pads and weapons packs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts