·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Bols

via “Mikhael” 7-15-2015
Horus Heresy plastic boxed set is coming and is scheduled for November 2015
via “Pathwalker” 7-15-2015
Hobbit and all LotR stock will be off the shelves and direct only, they’re replacing it with A Horus heresy game, but won’t compete with 40k directly. Horus Heresy is coming for Christmas.

Should be fancy if true.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Wasn't this rumour knocking around a while back?

I personally hope not. I can understand why they would, I just don't want them to.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Wasn't this rumour knocking around a while back?
Yeah, 2 Praetors, 5 Terminators, about 30 marines and a Contemptor.

Then it all went quiet whilst the world had a meltdown over what was going on with new WFB, and then AoS...... :laugh:

·
Registered
316 Posts
but won’t compete with 40k directly.
How could it possibly not?

I can see *some* argument for "I like fantasy not sci-fi" although the number of people I've ever met who would make that distinction is tiny.

But two Sci-Fi games in the same shop, at a similar price point, with similar rules.... That competes. It has to.

·
8,723 Posts
They should release it as a "Pre-40k Starter Box" and call it Age of Bob!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How could it possibly not?
I bet it will be a standalone box, like the assassin game. If you liked the intro game, then you go to forgeworld and buy an army :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bet it will be a standalone box, like the assassin game. If you liked the intro game, then you go to forgeworld and buy an army :)
But that still competes, and even worse, it competes whilst causing a subset of your customers to stop using the shop.....

It's the act of saying "it wont compete" that I think is completely stupid, and so I question why they say it, which leads me to question the rest too.

The only reason to say it is to counter the "They wont do that, it competes with 40k" crowd. If you are starting from that PoV, how much of the rest is made up to quash other arguments before they start?

·
Registered
354 Posts
What next, Warhammer 50k and the only army is tyranids

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
I'm in agreement with @nevynxxx. The whole 'won't compete directly' thing.

Either it's a stand alone boxed game like the assassination game or its a starting set type box game. If it's stand alone then it competes because people will go 'Hey cool game, buy it, paint it all, play some games, look into it a bit more and stumble onto FW and 30k

If it's a starter it doesn't exactly make you immediately buy 40k either.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm not saying it isn't a good idea, and wouldn't make an awesome addition.

I'm just very, very wary of it because of that line. It jumped out at me.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After all they are one company, a sale is a sale. And last time I checked forgeworld stuff cost even more than standard gw.
this.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
True but when some GW stores don't allow the use of FW -since its down to manager discretion-, FW is also limited at some tournaments - not that it matters too much since GW don't really seem to have tournaments anymore -, it sort of does matter.

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
True but when some GW stores don't allow the use of FW -since its down to manager discretion-, FW is also limited at some tournaments - not that it matters too much since GW don't really seem to have tournaments anymore -, it sort of does matter.
Sorry dude but this doesn't make sense.
Probably what 10% to 15% of sales is to "tournament" players, and that is being generous.
And a manager that didn't allow forge world which since 6th is fully part of 40k quite frankly needs his head pulling out of his Arse.
If someone is choosing to buy a company's uber premium premium product range they should be able to game.
I know I would prefer to face a fw list than a regular cheesedar.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think we are derailing here :)
however it's 2+ years i see everywhere FW allowed at tourneys, in gw stores too. And i live in Italy, so quite a backwater tourney scene... does some shop manager in UK do the stuff you say Loli? He must be nuts.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It might compete, anyway, I'd buy a starter set if it came out, if the price was not bad. Also Bits hit it on the head, it's plastic after-all and I can assure you that just about everyone in my local are would go ape shit and get 30K. GW wins. Haters will still hate no matter what.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts