Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Heretics ...

Has ANYONE used the chaos steeds that come in the new plastic chaos chariot as mounts for a character?!?! I'd really like to use them as such but after just test fitting both a plastic knight and a metal model ... things are looking grim.

I've got next to ZERO modeling skills so the easier the better.

ANY help would be much appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I have not tried it but what is the problem you having. Maybe post pics explaining the problem and we can help.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply morf. The biggest problem is that the steeds from the plastic chariot kit are a bit wider than any other mount made for a rider. I'll try to post some pics when I get home from work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I havent tried a dry fit on those but could try when I'm back from my vacation. I'll come back on this.
Tip I can give is try to dryfit the legs of a Hellstrider they have legs that are seperated from the body of the horse. Otherwise you could shave down the sides a bit to fit Chaos Knight legs on there.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
The Knight legs are two parts aren't they?

I'd try glueing the legs together with plastic glue and let it dry for a few minutes. Then after they're together but not entirely hardened pull them apart gently enough to place them over the horse's body. The join should stretch out to accommodate the larger horse.
Leave the legs on the horse (make sure the glue doesn't get on it though) to dry so the legs will be the right size. Then fill in any gaps that the stretching created with greenstuff.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good idea Klokk! I will have to hack the saddle back off some knight legs I have and then give the split legs thing a try. Not too worried about the back as I'll have to try a GS cape (for the 1st time ever o_O ) to cover up the length issues as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts