Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
even though I still suggest no sponsons for cost, mobility and other reasons, if you really insist on them, then yes for an executioner you may as well take more plasma in the end

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For the majority of my tanks I agree for mobility, cost, restrictive firing arcs (even if you're stationary there's no guarantee you'll be able to use both because only land raiders can split their fire) and aesthetics.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
plus its great when a russ with no sponsons squeezes between 2 buildings while a russ with sponsons rolls up and goes "bugger"

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I suppose the title really says it all...I have a demolisher kit which I was initially going to assemble as an executioner with plasma sponsons for 5 plasma blasts per turn (4 if moving), but it occurred to me that multimeltas might be a good choice because while the plasma will devastate heavy infantry and light vehicles, it's fairly mediocre against tanks (it would probably not be my only tank in an army, mind, and a regular LRBT with hull lascannon and multimelta sponsons would probably take up the slack). Any guard veterans out there who can advise a newcomer?
With plasma, it depends on the roll. I got a good roll with my devastator plasma cannon and it took out the tank where the lascannon didnt.

I'd go with more shots. Use plasma. It will help...a lot.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts