Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 500 point list sorted as a base for my new eldar so i'm just trying to sketch out a larger force that i can expand into.

HQ

Farseer - Bike, Singing Spear, RoWarding, Spirit stones, Doom, Forune, Guide - 198 pts
5 Warlocks - Bikes, 2 Singing Spears, 3 Destructor, Embolden, Enhance - 281 pts

Troops

6 Guardian Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons - 152 pts

Fast

3 Vypers - EMLs, Shuriken Cannons - 225 pts

3 Vypers - EMLs, Shuriken Cannons - 225 pts

Hvy

Fire Prism - 115 pts

1.5k total

Comments and suggestions please

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
pretty decent though the Vypers are considered weak by their frailness and high point costs.

personally, i'd drop them for another Prism and/or two Wave Serpents with TL BL, Stones and 5 DA riding.

more scoring units and more anti-tank. Embolden Warlocks with Spear would be good on the bike squads.

good hunting.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just doesnt feel Saim Hann if i drop all the vypers. I guess dropping 1 Vyper from each squad lets me squeese in another prism and upgrade them both with spirit stones. I've recently moved and from what i've seen out of all the people that play at my local store theres 1 LR...thats it for AV14. Is swapping out 2 EML attacks and 2 SC value for money to get 1 more fire prism shot?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
as Inquisitor Malaclypse said Vypers arn't worth the points alot of the time. You are probbly better of with more Prism's. so i suggest instea dof droppign all of them(as you othe rposts said you would rahter not). Drop 1 unit and take another Prism and give both Prisms Holo-fields. they are really useful. With any spare points you have consider eaither beefing out your warlocks or guardians or if you have enhough points a Night Spinner to give yo that Anti-horde that this force seems to lack.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right...Less Vypers, more Prism and and 2 destructor spamming locks for the hordes. Also since my orginal plan of using the seer council to guide the vypers and then push out as a counter punch when things got too close its kind of void now swapped guide for mind war to help snipe hidden fists and the like.

HQ

Farseer - Bike, Singing Spear, RoWarding, Spirit stones, Doom, Forune, Mind War - 198 pts
7 Warlocks - Bikes, 2 Singing Spears, 5 Destructor, Embolden, Enhance - 391 pts

Troops

Fast

2 Vypers - EMLs, Shuriken Cannons - 150 pts

Hvy

Fire Prism - Holo-field - 150 pts

Fire Prism - Holo-field - 150 pts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
not bad now. My only(i do mean only) gripe is Mind War. It's sounds good on paper but a standard marine has a Ld of 8 and most people weilding fists will be Ld9. How many times do YOU fail a Ld9 cheak on 2D6? noy often. Thats why it's not really worth it and i suggest eaither drop it and get something else like Guide or use the point sofr something else like a pair of Cannons for your Prism's.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awsome cheers guys, pretty happy with this. I'll probably play around between mind war and the cannons seeing whats best for me. Just got to work out my warlock conversions now :p

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
good luck mate

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The thing I would look at changing is the SC on the Vypers. I would drop them and see about adding spirit stones to your Prisms. I find it usefull to get them away from assaults after they get clipped. It also allows you to fire def catapults when you move 12". That is the only thing I would change. Chapterhouse studios has some nice seer conversions if you are interested.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh i've spotted their kits before. Not sure i like them too much (not enough to double the price of each lock bike + shipping). Lucky for me i bought a load of cold one knights to use for fiends in my daemons so i have all the rider bits left over which i'll be playing around with.

·
Registered
249 Posts
not bad now. My only(i do mean only) gripe is Mind War. It's sounds good on paper but a standard marine has a Ld of 8 and most people weilding fists will be Ld9. How many times do YOU fail a Ld9 cheak on 2D6? noy often. Thats why it's not really worth it and i suggest eaither drop it and get something else like Guide or use the point sofr something else like a pair of Cannons for your Prism's.
You're reading it wrong; if you go look at the rules, it's an opposed check using the farseer's Ld.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1d6 +leadership. However many the farseer wins by is the number of unsaveable wounds. But it's still very situational hence I'll test it out. All depends what the council is having to face.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thats not how mind war works.....

Farseer choses a model, then both players add it to the leadership. If the farseer player scores higher, the enermy is wounded by how many it loses by(for example, sm leadership is 8, farseer is 10. sm roll 4, farseer rolls 5. 8+4=12, 10+5=15. the differents is 3 so the spaceys take 3 wounds with no saves :) )

The only plus, and down side is that is only targets an indivial model.

btw: is it alright to explain the rules? some forums are antsy about that...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Thats not how mind war works.....

Farseer choses a model, then both players add it to the leadership. If the farseer player scores higher, the enermy is wounded by how many it loses by(for example, sm leadership is 8, farseer is 10. sm roll 4, farseer rolls 5. 8+4=12, 10+5=15. the differents is 3 so the spaceys take 3 wounds with no saves :) )

The only plus, and down side is that is only targets an indivial model.

btw: is it alright to explain the rules? some forums are antsy about that...
My bad. I guess i was mixing it with another codex. But my argument still stands. Most people who have powerfists have Ld9(Ld8 if Guard). so you need to score equal or higher. So it seems silly to put it down to a luck dice roll. "I roll a 5....you rolled a 6 Crap i wasted my psychic powers. Now my unti has to shoot/assault you too and you still ahve the fist and i'm standing right in your path for you to charge me next turn and fist me in the face" Like i said it's risky. Like Russian Rullet....with 3 bullets in the chamber. If you fail then your farseer is as good as dead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts