Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right so my store is having a map based tournament over the next few months with Each faction being represented. Imperium forces are on the offense, which means we are planet striking in. I know for a fact that I am on the offense and going to be hitting a bunch of bastions since I picked a desert landing zone. There will be basically no cover except the bastions.

I dont however know which army I'm hitting it could be Tau, Eldar, CSM, Traitor Guard (from the siege of Vraks books), Chaos Daemons, or Dark Eldar

I CAN ONLY USE Codex: Daemonhunters units. No allies or any kind.

HQ

Grey Knight Hero
Brother Captain, Holocaust, Incinerator

Elites

Grey Knight Terminators I
Brother Captain w Holocaust and Incinerator, 2 Terminators 1 w Incinerator

Grey Knight Terminators II
Brother Captain w Holocaust and Incinerator, 2 Terminators 1 w Incinerator

Fast Attack

Grey Knight Teleport Attack I
Justicar, 4 Grey Knights

Grey Knight Teleport Attack II
Justicar, 4 Grey Knights

Grey Knight Teleport Attack III
Justicar, 4 Grey Knights

Grey Knight Teleport Attack IV
Justicar, 4 Grey Knights

Grey Knight Teleport Attack V
Justicar, 4 Grey Knights

Grey Knight Teleport Attack VI
Justicar, 4 Grey Knights

Troops

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers I
5 Stormtroopers, 2 Meltaguns, Veteran w Combimelta and Teleport Homer

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers II

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers III

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers IV

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers V

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers VI

Total 2000pts

So in case you couldnt figure it out, the general plan is to land the stormtroopers right on top of the Bastions and roast em w Melta fire. I fully expect to lost at least one if not two of them to Deep Strike Mishap. I figure I can still reasonably expect to take out two Bastions. The Grey Knights will be landing right near the Bastions too, but maybe a little more cautiously. The surviving stormtroopers will make sure that the reenforcements generally land in a useful position. The store has 4 bastions, so I should be able to focus my forces relatively well. I know that taking small squads can be risky especially with fearless troops in CC, but since most of my opponents will either be fielding small squads themselves, (or almost useless ones) I have decided to risk it.

That said, I havent played much planetstrike, and to be honest I only bothered with Daemonhunters cause I really like the backstory and the models, I usually play marines or guard. I got stuck playing them in the tourni cause I'm the only one with a full Inquisitorial army on hand. I do however have essentially every model from Codex Daemonhunters and plenty of them (besides Inquisitorial Henchmen).

Any advice is welcome and appreciated!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
looks like a solid list, but be careful you don't deploy spread out and get killed off piecemeal, small squads diel if they ever get isolated, try to use you inital bombardment to get some cover for the stormtroopers, and finally have you considered taking a lance or melta strike? planet strike is were they really own.

Deamonhunters are one of the best armies for planet strike both attack and defence if used well

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the plan is to see how many units I'm getting at the start of the first two turns and then sic em on one or two bastions as numbers dictate. Hopefully get some cover and dig in before the big guns open up.

I thought about the bombardments, but since I will have so many squads the last thing I need is a tie (Everyone is bringing a custom bastion plus the stores 4), and I am not using enough termies as is to be able to weather several turns of melta torpedos

I heard that, and I can sortof see why, TP attack squads are really quite good in this setting for one. I am actually more worried about playing an entire campaign using the hunters.... but one step at a time

·
Registered
418 Posts
Personally I would try using an Assasin: Eversors are my favourite as they are one of the most underestimated units in the game and are VERY easy to make their points back, However the calliduis may be very useful to you as it can appear anywhere(Even in any enemy squad) and charge in the turn it does! quite useful for crippling something that could be potentially nasty to you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
try to give the GK squads some flamers to take out bastions and/or meltabombs to take out bastions (somewhat redundant...).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts