Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! As you can probably tell, I'm brand-spanking-new to Heresy-Online, and I'm very happy to be part of one of the best WH40k online communities.

I have a question regarding Plague Marines, a rather vexing question that involves my wallet and its lack of bottomless-ness. I'm looking to create a Death Guard army, and I know that a Death Guard army must be composed of all Nurgle units. I also know that a unit of Chaos Marines dedicated to Nurgle are by their very definition "Plague Marines."

My question is this. In order for them to be considered Plague Marines, do I have to buy the sets of seven Plague Marines, with the bloat and mutations and lovely gifts of Papa Nurgle, or can I just buy sets of regular Chaos Marines, paint them in Death Guard colors, plunk Nurgle iconography and weapons on them, and call them Plague Marines?

I'm also open to other alternatives, but I have no experience working with Green Stuff.

Thanks muchly!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Hi Welcome to the Community!!!

This really depends. You need to make sure that they are clearly diifferent from regular csms with the icon of nurgle. so that your oponant knows what they are at a glance

Most peps buy the csm box and convert them abit. I'm not a nurgle fan myself so can't give any tips on how to do it, but if you could use a couple of zombie heads should start making them more nurgly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zombie heads? Where might I find those, Tomb Kings or something?

I do appreciate the help. This sort of thing has never been my strong point, and I find it's always better to ask than to get chewed out at the table.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
In the vampire counts Zombie set!

If you go to a local club or GW store im sure a VC player there will give you some spares. If not you can pick up the heads on bitz stores or ebay really cheaply.

This thread could help alot if you want them to be really converted

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=203516

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
To answer your question quickly, yes, you can use the standard csm marines as death guard or plague marines. The box comes with nurgle bits, not a lot, but enough to make a champion and a icon bearer. I just trimmed the horns from the helmets and painted them in a nurglie manor to use as a unit of plague marines. Never had an issue with them being seen as anything but what they are from other people.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
All right, thanks for your help everyone!

I figure I'll just get a set of Plague Marines, and have them serve as my Aspiring Champions.

Dunno what I'll do with the Berzerkers in the Battleforce though. Perhaps eBay.

@Maugoth: Oh, yes, eBay is my friend. Got almost all of my Necrons from the wonderful folks there. Drives me nuts when people charge shipping equivalent to the discount one gets on the models, though!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Also if money is an issue ebay is there for you, sometimes you have to go through pages of rubbish/bad items but you can find some good models on there cheap, especially if you don't mind stripping the paint off and re-painting them

hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts