Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading one of the 40k csm army lists and some said for troop choice they ran 2 squads of plague marines and one of regular marines... how do u make plague marines a troop choice I thought they were elite?? I thought I read somewhere that if u run typhus... u can elect one squad to be troops. So confused lol someone help plz.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
how do u make plague marines a troop choice I thought they were elite?
If you take a Chaos Lord as a HQ choice, and you give him a mark of Chaos, the elite choice for that mark becomes a troops choice.

In other words:

- Give him a Mark of Khorne and Khorne Berzerkers are troops.
- Mark of Nurgle and Plague Marines are troops.
- Mark of Slaanesh and Noise Marines are troops.
- Mark of Tzeentch and Thousand Sons are troops.

Be adviced that this works ONLY with a Chaos LORD. You cannot bring a Sorcerer or Daemon Prince and do the same thing :)

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
If you take a Chaos Lord as a HQ choice, and you give him a mark of Chaos, the elite choice for that mark becomes a troops choice.

In other words:

- Give him a Mark of Khorne and Khorne Berzerkers are troops.
- Mark of Nurgle and Plague Marines are troops.
- Mark of Slaanesh and Noise Marines are troops.
- Mark of Tzeentch and Thousand Sons are troops.

Be advised that this works ONLY with a Chaos LORD. You cannot bring a Sorcerer or Daemon Prince and do the same thing :)
Slight correction:

A Chaos Sorcerer with a Mark of Tzeentch makes Thousand Sons Troops. Not a Lord.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Additionally, taking Typhus, Ahriman, Kharn, or Lucius will also allow you to take their respective marked squad as troops.

So, for example, Typhus plus two squads of plague marines is not a problem.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I also have to point out that previous edition Marked Chaos Lords and Sorcerors from Forgeworld (say, Zhufor the Impaler) have been faq'd to have the same troop-making ability of CSM 6th ed. lords and sorcs.
In the case of Zhufor, for example, altough not stated on his abilites, he is still a Khorne lord, meaning that Berzerkers will become troops, if he is in the primary detachment

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
yup. very handy, sunce Necrosius is quite funny to use. (i like him more than Typhus)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Well, 160 pts for a FNP nurgle sorceror with plague bolts and that hefty witchfire, wasting disease...it's not bad at all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts