Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought about this before because I never used any pistols but bolt pistols. But, Skitarii have Arc Pistols - pistols with Haywire. If I have a Vanguard Alpha with an Arc Pistol and he charges, say, a dreadnought, can I choose to make all three of my attacks with the Pistol as my weapon (therefore getting 3 Haywire cc attacks)?

The BRB says, "Pistols are effectively Assault 1 weapons. A Pistol also counts as a close combat weapon in the Assault phase." So that seems to me like I should be able to do this, right?

EDIT: I guess the question is if the pistol uses its profile or not. Does it just count as a chainsword equivalent?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, that would have made plasma pistols go from overcosted to hilariously undercosted xD

Oh well.

Would have been cool to see it treat as a tyranid tail biomorph equivalent, where rather than counting as a CCW the pistol just grants you one CC attack using it's profile. Obvious downside is that's one less attack for your presumably fancy ACTUAL close combat weapon, but would probably make plasma pistol wielding characters a smidge more common.

Hey, a man can dream.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Well, that would have made plasma pistols go from overcosted to hilariously undercosted
At least they'd still have the Get's Hot rule in this alternate universe?

I agree it doesn't make a ton of sense that you can use you pistol in CC but only to smack people with. From a game mechanics point of view: way simpler the way it is :laugh:

·
Registered
533 Posts
It would be cool if you could sacrifice regular CC attacks to take a single shot with a plasma pistol. I don't think the game needs more complicated rules though... just dropping the points cost and leaving them as they are would probably be better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts