Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been a while since I've posted but with the talk of 7th around the corner one of the rumors has me a little concerned. While I see the idea behind the use of pistols in close combat and think it's fairly fluffy addition to mechanics of the game, I'm a little bit apprehensive in the sense that it could spell the end of melee weapons in 40k. If we can use pistols in CC then what need will there be for melee weapons at all, for example, why take a power fist for your SM sergeant if you can take a plasma pistol instead? Think about it, for 10 less points the plasma pistol gives you a S7 AP2 weapon, as opposed to a Sx2 AP2 weapon, so at the expense of 1 S point we get a weapon that strikes at initiative. Thoughts?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I believe the rumours let you make one attack with your Pistol, rather than all of your attacks. So a Sergeant can have two attacks with a Power Fist, or one with his Plasma Pistol and one with his close combat weapon.

Either way, Blast Pistols and Infernus Pistols are cool.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
This would stack with Gunslinger quite nicely. We've seen it work a little bit with the Cypher Dataslate, and my local GW posted today on Facebook 'just sayin' that they had removed all the 40k rulebooks from the shelves. Can't wait until Friday (coincidentally the day after payday for me...).

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would assume it will mean that extra attack you normally get from a pistol will actually be the pistol your carrying, rather then just an extra attack from your melee weapon of choice.

I would like that if it was the case.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
I would assume it will mean that extra attack you normally get from a pistol will actually be the pistol your carrying, rather then just an extra attack from your melee weapon of choice.

I would like that if it was the case.
This makes the most sense to me, and I really like it so... fingers crossed...

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
This would stack with Gunslinger quite nicely. We've seen it work a little bit with the Cypher Dataslate, and my local GW posted today on Facebook 'just sayin' that they had removed all the 40k rulebooks from the shelves. Can't wait until Friday (coincidentally the day after payday for me...).
Lucky bastard you get paid while I sit in an exam hall.:ireful2:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Wait, so is 7th edition definitely going to be a new edition rather than slight adjustments and FAQs? This makes it sound like the former.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Lucky bastard you get paid while I sit in an exam hall.
Gotta get that piece of paper so you can get more pieces of paper, right?

Last test I took was for my full Driver's license (it's a tiered system in Ontario) and that was....a few years ago :laugh:

Back on topic, I'm gunna be vexed if my $90 BRB is out of date ~2 years after I bought it.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Man you lucky bastard I have like eight tests in the next week and a half... Junior year's a bitch.
Yeah, I just....didn't do that stuff. Zero hours of post-secondary education for this guy.

I DEMAND PROOF!
From my local GW's Facebook page, in line with other announcements:

Thirdly, the Warhammer 40,000 rule books have been taken off the shelf. Just sayin'.

...I have now spread that around to three different 7th edition threads. I am done.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Er @ntaw, to clarify, I don't doubt that books are being pulled, or even that 7th edition is coming.

Rather, specific details as to using pistols in close combat, consolidating into combat, no more this or that or whatever, and so on. No specifics will be trusted until I see a picture of the page, at the very least.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That would be super but I'd have expected a few leaks if it was that close
What, like with the 6th edition rulebook? There was an entire fake rulebook posted before that, nothing of the actual book IIRC. That being said I wasn't as prevalent a member of this forum at the time.

Just to be sure, I am not saying it will be out this week, but May for sure. More than a month without a BRB in hand to show new gamers the ropes in-store? Think of the conniption fits GW employees would have not being able to push product on you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts