Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother raised an interesting point yesterday.
In the BRB, it is unclear how many Pinning tests you are required to make from a volley of fire.
Is it a single test per unit that has caused any Pinning wounds?
Is it a single test per Pinning weapon that has caused any wounds?
Or is it a single test per unsaved Pinning wound caused?

I've always just assumed it's the first option, but it's a tricky situation.

Go go gadget EXPERTS!

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
It state "if any wounds are taken" and all wounds from a unit are rolled together so I play the 1st option.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
yeah pinning is 1 per blast, which is defined specifically as DeathKlokk says about "if any wounds are taken" since it does not say "for each wound taken" actually I think there was an FAQ about it stating you can only take one pinning test (will edit after reading the faq now)

edit: nvm on the FAQ, couldnt find it, but I swear Ive heard something about you can only take one pinning test a turn somewhere.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It state "if any wounds are taken" and all wounds from a unit are rolled together so I play the 1st option.
However, it states:
If a unit other than a vehicle suffers any unsaved wounds from a Pinning weapon.
And then further down it says:
As long as the tests are passed,
Rest is irrelevant.

So that plural implies that multiple tests can be 'stacked up' from a single volley of fire, if it's not simply a typo.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
However, it states:

And then further down it says:

Rest is irrelevant.

So that plural implies that multiple tests can be 'stacked up' from a single volley of fire, if it's not simply a typo.
or it simply means that you can have multiple Pinning tests from multiple pinning weapons.

"As long as the tests are passed, a unit may be called
upon to take multiple Pinning tests in a single turn,
but if a unit has already gone to ground, no further
Pinning tests are taken."

to quote the rule exactly, which is not all worthless information, since its mearly stateing that each time the test is passed, you can make them take another, and another and another, etc. which is the reason they put the s after test.

a pinning weapon will only ever make 1 pinning test to each unit it wounds, no matter how many wounds it makes.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
*shrug* its 1 am here, im tired, sue me :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts