Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend and i are having some trouble about this one we can't aggree on the meaning of what the rules say about pinning what exactly does a pinning weapon do

example: a weapon that says assult 1 pinning does what?

·
Registered
134 Posts
An assault 1 pinning weapon works just like any other weapon entry:

Assault = a weapon that may be fired and then used during the assault phase
1= 1 shot during the shooting phase
Pinning= if you take a wound from a pinning weapon the unit must pass a leadership test or it may not move on it's next movement phase

hope that helps

·
Registered
325 Posts
Assault = a weapon that may be fired and then used during the assault phase
1= 1 shot during the shooting phase
Pinning= if you take a wound from a pinning weapon the unit must pass a leadership test or it may not move on it's next movement phase
Not quite right.
Assault = follows the rules for assault weapons on P29
1 = correct
Pinning = follows the rules for pinning weapons on P32

:wink:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
:victory:and for those of us who don't have the rule book lying around....

Assault : can move and shoot the weapon to its full range, and then assault the same unit itt shot at (if within charging distance)1: one shot (duh)
Pinning : if a unit takes a wound from this weapon, the squad that unit is in must take a leadership test. if failed the squad may not do anything next turn

i think thats all
:wink:

[/INDENT]

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
well technically a unit doesnt take actually wound until after its saves. you roll to see how many wounds you *can* inflict, and then the opponent sees how many wounds are actually inflicted by rolling his saves. so when we say *takes a wound* we mean after saves :victory:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts