Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of year when I consider if Im going to waste any time doing a Golden Deamon entry, and I think I will this year.

So Im going to do a Chaos landraider which I have been imagining for a year or so now.

The basic idea is to make a mobile throne room for a chaos lord. Im going to use a MKI landraider, which I obtained for free from a friend. I have not stripped off the old paint, as it has been applied very smoothly, and Im goig to be replacing most of the detail.

Currently I have removed the hull front and top panel (wont be needing those), and the side doors. The internals are very basic, which is ideal. I have spent an hour cleaning up the tracks, which had a big groove running right down the centre. This is smoothed out now, although I need to apply a thin coat of paint to see how smooth (its hard to tell with the colour of the plastic). I have replaced the very inadequate looking light fixtures, and also added a couple of spiky track guard type things.

My next step is the weapon mounts. The old ones had been converted by a previous owner to be twin linked assault cannons (this tank was last activly used in 2nd edition). So they have come off, as they just dont fit very well. This leaves a tricky issue of how to do the twin lascannons on each side. I've almos got this worked out and I will show some pictures when I have the details sorted.

I am estimating about 2 months of build time, so should have a completed model by the end of March ready for painting.

I intend to keep the thread going as I progress through the project and any ideas or comments would be great.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
make him slannesh model him on a throne and put some daemonnettes by him (sex slaves:biggrin::p)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Actually, check out real pimped out vehicles and go there.... Let the 40K aspect slip a bit.

Either way, when the front ramp drops... a Disco Ball is a must....

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, Ive added some pics. These are to see where I am starting from more than to see how far I've come.

I had already decided I was going to make it Slaanesh with a lord and a deamonet (dont think I could fit 2 in there), not too sure about the Disco theme though.

·
Registered
995 Posts
More spikey bits!

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know I need more spiky bits, but I need to be a bit subtle about it. There are not a great deal of places to put them except at the front of the vehical, and currently, its going to be very front heavy. I will be adding an old spikey blade to the front between the tracks, with a heavy chain. The 2 grey boxes need some work as well, but thats a GS thing.

I've almost finsihed the lascannon sponsons, and have started on some internal detailing. I should have some of this completed by tonight. I will hopefully post up some more pics. Need to think about the engine as well, as it looks very poor indeed. So many things to think about.

And I agree it does look very short and fat.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been too busy to update this thread. In fact I probably didn't want too post until I had completed the tracks, but this is taking longer than I was expecting. Anyway I have done most of the crew. Need some GS work to complete, but mainly done.
There is a little inset pic to show where they will be being placed.

The engine area is almost complete. Need to sort out a couple of bits and do some wires but wont take much more work.

The sides need a lot of work still. The guns are coming along, but they are probably going to be the hardest to get looking right.

The front is almost done. I need to finsih the side box things with some GS and icons. The icon on the track is not complete yet and I am having to make a tool to do the final bit of GS work, as the area I am working in is too small for anything I have at the moment.

C&C welcome as always.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks really good, cant wait to see the finished product. I wish I could model greenstuff that well.

The only negative aspect I can see is the Dozer Blade. It does not look Chaosy at all. It seems kind of out of place with the elaborate lights, side blades and engine. Mabye your going to do some GS work there, but it does not look up to the standard of the rest of the model.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Those spotlights look like fins off of an old cadillac. Awesome. You are going for the pimp-out look!

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
lol gotta throw a plasmascreen inside the assault bay, replace the searchlight with a strobelight, slap on some purple neons, and add some speakers playing something from Xibit and you got one pimped-out warmachine, my friend
word

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The screens are moulds. I wish I could GS that well.

You know the dozer blade does look a bit too imperial. I have a plan, which wont take long to 'chaos' it up a bit.

I'll have an update when I can.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Just a quick update picture. Not much more to do on the outside. Probably another 2 weeks of work. Then its on to the inside :).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts