Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to life being life my wife and I had to step away from the hobby for a while. We're looking to getting back into war gaming and want to know what would be balanced and worth picking up.
I'm planning on picking up a Hive tyrant, a Haruspex/Exocrine and the Tyranid Swarm box.
What would be roughly equal in strength from the Chaos daemon faction?
Thank you.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Have your wife pick up something shooty to compliment your CC, IG maybe for some good Starship Trooper action or...you know the best race ever TAU!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
If everything is unbalanced doesn't that make everything balanced?
By and large, most likely.

As for your question, seeing as your wanting suggestions on things to pick up for a daemon army I'll say it largely depends on how many gods you want to follow. Most people will recommend one or two at most, and depending on the god chosen then some heralds or a greater daemon, one or two soul grinders, three or four troop choices, and then [really] depending on the god some blood crushers or seekers or screamers (I think thats the Tzeentch non troop.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like Nurgle and she likes Slaanesh
Jolly carnivals, disease, sex and excess. What can go wrong?

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
I like Nurgle and she likes Slaanesh
When it comes to HQ's, heralds are pretty good for Nurgle (unless I'm mistaken) and I think the Keeper of Secrets isn't half bad (though I do believe the Bloodthirster may be considered the best of the four greater daemons.)

With Nurgle and Slaanesh, I'd suggest two heralds of Nurgle, maybe the Keeper, one or two soul grinders, a daemon prince, three units of plaguebearers, and maybe a unit or two of seekers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts